A Spitfire for a British Lion

I didn't initially have plans to do a WIP as virtually on the day that Revell released their Iron Maiden boxing of their MkII Spit, my good buddy Mark told me that Iron Maiden bassist Steve Harris was playing a gig in Colchester with his side project British Lion.  Now the gig was on December 19th and as Mark is very good buddies with Steve I knew I'd be invited along for a meet up and a chat.  Last time British Lion toured Colchester I organised a trip down to Merville Barracks for Steve where he was well hosted and entertained by 2 PARA's Corporal's Mess before the gig, but with 19/12 being after stand down and the start of Christmas block leave I had to come up with another idea to help him remember Colchester and hopefully come back again in the next couple of years.  The catch, well I had about 3 weeks to complete this if I was going to be able to present it at the gig.  There was a very brief WIP once I realised that I was on course to complete this on time.......

Anyways without further ado I present you with the Aces High Spitfire, ably piloted by no other than Eddie!!!

DSC_0106 DSC_0107 DSC_0108 DSC_0111 DSC_0112 DSC_0114 DSC_0115 DSC_0117 DSC_0118

You may notice a tiny speck of brass on the armoured windscreen frame, this is my nod to the spent cartridge case embedded there on the original cover of the Aces High Single and for our Sea-Hat friends following is not "the golden rivet"!!!!

spacer.png

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDrm9AsqCcSq2xTtRFHa7YkV6v8_73XEoApLvl__REjeDaARhH&s

DSC_0119 DSC_0119 DSC_0120 DSC_0120 DSC_0121

Anyways, here's the good home that the model went off to.....

IMG_2785 IMG_2788

Edited by Fatcawthorne
I broke The picyures!!!
  • Like 26