As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
mick b

Coastal Craft Models Website

Does anyone know why the website link for Coastal Craft Models is showing them as suspended?

Mike

25 minutes ago, mick b said:

suspended?

Bit worrying, I saw them at Telford in November, no signs of trouble then.

Stuart

Yes I saw them too but did get the impression they were having a clear out of stock...perhaps it’s just down for maintenance or revamp.

Mike

Off a model shop website (https://www.model-dockyard.com/acatalog/Coastal-Craft-Fittings.html )

'Heath problems with the owner of Coastal Craft mean that he has not been able to make and supply us with any of his products since early last year. This situation is unchanged and we are therefore only able to offer the items below with the quantities showing as available. Once these are sold out, there won't be any more.'  

Could this be the issue?

9 minutes ago, dcrfan said:

Could this be the issue?

I was told this this when I was chasing an order some months ago but when I saw him later at Telford, things seemed fine and I put the order delay down as 'forgot'. I haven't chased the order since, just in case.

Stuart

IIRC there was a tribute to Mr Alan Bottoms amongst the built coastal craft kits on the stand as he had sadly passed away in August so maybe that’s the reason?

Mike

Hi Chaps

I've been in contact with Martin of Coastal Craft this afternoon.  He has been unwell with periods of time in hospital.  On top of that he tells me that the person who attends to his website has retired.  He seems to be on the mend but intends to scale back on the number of shows that he attends, although he expects to be at the IPMS Bolton show on 19 January.  He also tells me that he's taking steps to get the website back on line. 

Al

Al thanks for that information thought it might have been some thing serious but good to hear Martin is on the mend 

I will be attending the Bolton show this year so had best get my shopping list ready 

Cheers beefy 

23 minutes ago, Al Gunthwaite said:

Hi Chaps

I've been in contact with Martin of Coastal Craft this afternoon.  He has been unwell with periods of time in hospital.  On top of that he tells me that the person who attends to his website has retired.  He seems to be on the mend but intends to scale back on the number of shows that he attends, although he expects to be at the IPMS Bolton show on 19 January.  He also tells me that he's taking steps to get the website back on line. 

Al

Thanks for the update Al and good to hear it’s all, hopefully, back on track soon.

Mike

That is good news - I was beginning to feel very doleful at the prospect of Martin and the concern ceasing trading.

Thanks for the update Al

Rob

Thanks for the promising news Al, good to hear Martin is on the mend.

Mike