Coastal Craft Models Website

mick b

Off a model shop website (https://www.model-dockyard.com/acatalog/Coastal-Craft-Fittings.html )

'Heath problems with the owner of Coastal Craft mean that he has not been able to make and supply us with any of his products since early last year. This situation is unchanged and we are therefore only able to offer the items below with the quantities showing as available. Once these are sold out, there won't be any more.'  

Could this be the issue?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dcrfan said:

Could this be the issue?

I was told this this when I was chasing an order some months ago but when I saw him later at Telford, things seemed fine and I put the order delay down as 'forgot'. I haven't chased the order since, just in case.

Stuart

Hi Chaps

I've been in contact with Martin of Coastal Craft this afternoon.  He has been unwell with periods of time in hospital.  On top of that he tells me that the person who attends to his website has retired.  He seems to be on the mend but intends to scale back on the number of shows that he attends, although he expects to be at the IPMS Bolton show on 19 January.  He also tells me that he's taking steps to get the website back on line. 

Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Al thanks for that information thought it might have been some thing serious but good to hear Martin is on the mend 

I will be attending the Bolton show this year so had best get my shopping list ready 

Cheers beefy 

23 minutes ago, Al Gunthwaite said:

Hi Chaps

I've been in contact with Martin of Coastal Craft this afternoon.  He has been unwell with periods of time in hospital.  On top of that he tells me that the person who attends to his website has retired.  He seems to be on the mend but intends to scale back on the number of shows that he attends, although he expects to be at the IPMS Bolton show on 19 January.  He also tells me that he's taking steps to get the website back on line. 

Al

Thanks for the update Al and good to hear it’s all, hopefully, back on track soon.

Mike

• 5 months later...

I noticed this morning that their website is still down. There are some parts available on eBay, along with a complete Fairmile kit at present, and the books remain available from book retailers, but besides this it doesn’t look particularly promising

I spoke to Martin a couple of weeks ago. Their circumstances mean they have been in total lockdown since the pandemic began. i have no knowledge of the circumstances of the business, but I'm sure their health comes first. 

I hope this is of some use.

It is possibly the same as an LHS I used.  The owner does not live on the shop premises and is on lockdown.  This has meant he cannot access the shop computer or customers details and orders etc.

At least it sounds like Martin is OK, so it will just have to be a waiting game.

Mike

• 5 months later...

Just an update folks from my own recent experience. I email Martin at [email protected] to order the 1/48 Heritage Chipmunk (two actually). The order was placed last Saturday (21st) and the models arrived yesterday. Brilliant service!

I have emailed martin again to thank him and also to enquire whether other products are available at the moment, and whether he has some sort of price list/flyer of products. 

As you say, health must come first, so let's see what the current situation is.

Terry

BTW, the 1/48 Chipmunk is a superb kit!

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Well after a long recovery form an operation Martin and Coastal Craft are back while at the Bolton show yesterday I was talking to him and the Boss ( Missus ).

They have also taken over the Whirly Birds operations so things are looking up so got myself a few bits I knew I needed.

They also said the Fairmile B ML231 kit No CC2013 should be ready for the Telford show at the end of this year.  :yahoo: Happy Days.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear he's well.

Is their website up again?

I thought I had it bookmarked (I haven't) but can't find it with a google search either.

Tom

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Phil Gollin said:

Excellent news.🤪

I wish them both good health and successful business.

( I'm off to look at their website  send them an e-mail now ! )

8 minutes ago, Modelholic said:

Glad to hear he's well.

Is their website up again?

I thought I had it bookmarked (I haven't) but can't find it with a google search either.

Tom

Phil Tom not sure they have the WEB page up and running yet it only gives you an E-mail address on the small catalogue I picked up.

But it is a re-start and a good one to hear about IMHO.

beefy

• Like 2