Revell 1/16 porsche 356 C Cabriolet

kpnuts

Could you not simply remove the upper portion of the wheel arches with a dremel to get the buggers up in there? 

They’re unlikely to be seen when the bottom of the wheel arch is in the correct position and the wheels are fitted surely. 

its worth a try I would think to get a great looking model finished, if all it is otherwise going to do is occupy space in the stash where a future model could sit? 

just my 2 pence on a possible solution.

coops

I had the same basic problem with my 1/12 910. Luckily the "chassis" moulding was quite thick, so I managed to scrape away enough material to get inner and outer to match. So, how thick is the moulding of your inner arches? Would that work, or Dremmel it as Cooper645 suggests.

In order to close the bonnet properly, you have to remove the tabs (U-shaped with a hole near the round part of the U) that are on the left and right side of the bonnet opening.

But I agree with Cooper645, remove the body from the chassis and cut away the parts that prevent the body from fitting over the chassis.

I recommend sending an E-mail to Revell department X, with the photos of the warped body. They might still replace your faulty kit with a new one. It's worth a try.

Sincerely

Pascal

It was the locating tabs at the front which were the problem I cut both the female and Male parts off of the front 4 and its sorted the problem, the problem, with the bonnet I added some plasticard under the hinges which lowered the bonnet so it's now a flush fit.
IMG-20200209-28892.jpg
IMG-20200209-29965.jpg
IMG-20200209-31304.jpg
IMG-20200209-33805.jpg
IMG-20200209-35554.jpg
IMG-20200209-34490.jpg
IMG-20200209-356.jpg
IMG-20200209-32333.jpg
IMG-20200209-31798.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all well theres no detail underneath, no brake lines, no shock absorbers, no back panel to the brakes, no calipers on the front after a lot of deliberation (is this kit really worth all this effort) I've decided it is, so here are pics of what the kit supplies.

IMG-20200220-58386.jpg
IMG-20200220-57758.jpg
IMG-20200220-56584.jpg
IMG-20200220-5659.jpg

Hopefully I can improve on this. 

Unfortunately the car i was basing this on is no longer in the workshop but we have a coupe in and our engineers assure me the brakes and suspension are the same so more measures and research (I've bought a vernier for the measurements) I must say I'm very disappointed with this kit even without the moulding problems they really dropped the ball with this kit all the other German produced kits I've done were amazing (I would have put them up with Tamiya) this kit I would say is below Frog standards, which is a shame, I hope this is not a glimps of things to come, considering this is a 2018 new moulding.

I will certainly think very carefully before buying another revell kit and I certainly wont be recommending revell kits in the near future.

• Like 3

Looking good. I know you put a lot of effort into those seats (and I can't deny that they look excellent), however it's that hood cover which stand out to me as being superb. Well done with the whole thing, especially given all the challenges it presented to you.

Hi all I've done what I can to the rear suspension, cant do much with the front as the way they've moulded it I would have to cut it all out and start again (its moulded all on one plane when in fact it is not) also the tie rod is moulded where the front calipers should be, I cant move it to the back as I would have to cut a channel in the back wall for it to run in.

On the rear brakes there is no backing plate for the handbrake cable or hydraulic pipes to go.

IMG-2364.jpg

It just so happens a tap washer fits the bill perfectly 

IMG-2365-1.jpg

IMG-2367.jpg

Drilled the holes for the cables and pipes to go through.

IMG-2379.jpg

IMG-2386.jpg

IMG-2385.jpg

• Like 6

I like the detailing you're adding. First time I've seen a tap washer used on a kit too!

I seem to have missed the interior pictures before. Like the seats, but that hood cover is really good.

Keep at it, it'll be a silk purse before very long.