Hello friends,

My apologies for the long period between postings.  As you all are well aware of, life tends to get in the way of our hobby.

Here is my latest project, the F-15I Ra`am from Great Wall Hobby in 72nd scale.  Here are my thoughts of the kit.........

1. Built entirely out of the box.

2. Used acrylic paints for the airframe and weapons.

3. Used AK Interactive Extreme metal paints for the exhaust and natural metal sections.

4. Weapons ( GBU-31 JDAM, GBU-38 GPS guided, GBU-12 laser guided, AIM-120, & Python air-to-air missiles used from the kit )

5. Tamiya tape for the seat belts.

6. Weathered using chalk pastels, washes, and paint.

7. The fit was very good apart from some serious issues with the front windscreen.  Perfect Plastic Putty was used extensively to help correct the misaligned part.  

8. The kit supplied decals were thick and I experienced some of the dreaded “silvering”.  Much time was spent correcting the mishap. 

9. Mold seam on the center of the both sections of the windscreen needed to be eliminated.

10. “F-15I Ra`am in IAF Service” ( IsraDecal Publications / Ra`anan Weiss ) used as reference.  

Hopefully my time between postings and visiting this excellent website will not be as long.  Thank you in advance for all of your comments.

Respectfully submitted,

Mike

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png