Hasegawa P-40E Texas Longhorn - back from the dead

I started this model as a part of the recent P-40 group build but in rushing to finish it to meet the deadline I managed to snap one of the undercarriage legs and ruin the wheels. The retraction jack from the broken leg pinged off and in disgust I threw the model in the bin.

A couple of weeks later I managed to find the retraction jack and remove the other leg - along with the remnant of the broken one. With a paid of new undercarriage legs from SAC (at great expenses) I fished the model out of the bin and started to re-finish it. So, around 6-weeks after the group build finished we now have a Hasegawa P-40E in the markings of 'Texas Longhorn' of 1st Lt John D Landers from the 49th Fighter Group, 9th Fighter Squadron from New Guinea in 1942. The original build log is here: 

I'm actually pretty pleased with the way this has been rescued - although I still need to glue the canopy on.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Still some work needed on the photography I think. I've got a new light-box studio to work with but need some practice.

• Like 26

Thanks Guys - That's really kind. I've actually just purchased the Eduard re-release of the P-40E (with another T-shirt) so at some point I'll be having a go at another one of these kits. It includes all of the parts for an early or a late P-40 so there's plenty of scope on markings and versions. I've also just invested in a couple more Hasegawa 1/32nd kits. They're nice to build - good detail and they go together well.