HMS LORD NELSON

beefy66

• 3 weeks later...

OK so back to this one bit the bullet and changed the stays for the funnels after seeing the great job @robgizlu did on his HMS Kent got myself some of the Bob Buckles and spent a therapeutic couple of hours redoing the stays with some Ushi thread  :hypnotised:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

few bits to trim and tidy but definitely thinner

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2020 at 6:57 PM, robgizlu said:

Niiice.  I'm flattered that anyone should heed me :blah:

Rob

I saw what you did on Kent and ordered some from Bob as well.  Took 4 days to come across the pond.  Not sure whether I will use then on my Cornwall or my version of the Lord Nelson.

Which goes back to the question regarding LN and the eyelets/rigging.

Have you placed the eyelets and then rigged one line through all in one go or done each line individually?

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 10:57 PM, robgizlu said:

Niiice.  I'm flattered that anyone should heed me :blah:

I always take Heed of good advice cheers Rob

16 hours ago, zed said:

Have you placed the eyelets and then rigged one line through all in one go or done each line individually?

Hi Zed all in one go which is what Rob also did I think

Now having the eyelets to hand for further builds I will do it slightly different my effort on LN was a make do and mend kind of job next time I will follow Rob and add the eyelets to the funnels and deck then paint I did it wrong  :doh:

by adding them after paint and build up makes it much easier when not attached and you end up knocking other bits off  :rage:

More work done on the bridge area railings and bridge wings not much of a location point when attaching these so I drilled and added a small piece or rod to help support them.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 14

So todays update rest of the boats fitted to the upper deck and the railings done next job for tomorrow make the base up.

Also tried out the main guns for a dry fit size up.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 16

Gidday Beefy, she's looking even more impressive with the turrets fitted. The railings around the bridge area are very good, too. As pre-dreadnoughts went she looks a very powerful ship. But then, I think the class were the last of their kind, or close to it. Regards, Jeff.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words again Gent's

Next up starting on the cage ariels using 0.15 copper wire from an old relay and the WEM spreaders this may take some time  :hypnotised:

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 10

21 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Doh I know that :doh: It’s all still loose. <_<:lol:

I did say it’s going to take a while. :lalala:

Stay Safe 

beefy 

Mr Beefy,

Run the wire through a candle flame. That will strip the enamel coating off the wire and will make the wire easier to work with. I do likewise before twisting eyelets.

Talking of eyelets. I want to thank all the blokes on here that have shown their support. I truly appreciate it...CHEERS!

Keep up the great work!

Von Buckle KFC and Bar 😃

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Keith, everything about your excellent build so far makes me want to get this one down from the stash and make a start... Everything except those wire spreaders that is! I shudder in fear at the very thought of them 😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/2/2020 at 7:54 PM, Bobs_Buckles said:

Run the wire through a candle flame. That will strip the enamel coating off the wire and will make the wire easier to work with.

Cheers Bob will try that out  :book:

On 11/3/2020 at 9:55 PM, RussellE said:

Keith, everything about your excellent build so far makes me want to get this one down from the stash and make a start... Everything except those wire spreaders that is! I shudder in fear at the very thought of them 😱

23 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Me too 🙀

Rob

And me I,am afraid to say not that easy gave up on it for this week got a big parcel to try and tidy up the workbench to clear room for some bigger projects ordered some storage and tool units from @Andy G at EBMA

Cracking service ordered and delivered within a week easy instructions to follow just glue together and hopefully a tidy ISH bench for now

x3 units took my about an hour each night this week but getting the bench ready to start back at it this weekend

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The tool and Rod stand make it easy for me to find what i am looking for instead of old sweet tubs.

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 9

Thanks for all the encouragement with this build gents but the cage aerials are really trying my patience so have only been doing small bits at a time and inbetween did some rigging thanks to @grahamwalker for the plans to follow from and Lord nelson did appear with a lower aft mast at the Dardanelles campaign

spacer.png

spacer.png

And i also added the rails and roof to the admirals walkway but doing so I lost some of the floor supports but will replace them with thin wire.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 12