1/700 Iranian Ghadir Class Submarine

Ernie

This will be my attempt using The Dad's Army Option. I never though of Iran as having a submarine force, but alas they do, as I discovered as I was browsing Ebay looking for sub kits a while back. I have not built an OKB Grigorov kit before so figured it would be a good excuse to try one out. There are two kits in the box, so I will attempt to build them both at the same time. 

49283436173_be0eea7bd7_b.jpg

The kit contains the two resin sub hulls, and a fret of photo etch for each with rear planes, rails, prop, and display stand.

49284118557_392bd5dab3_b.jpg

It has been quite a while since I have built a 1/700 scale kit, so this will be a challenge all in itself, not to mention these are mini-subs, so in 1/700 this means the hull is under 2" long...….

49062756638_ff62a6f9f3_b.jpg

fits well on my pinky finger😮

• Like 2

Going to take a break on this for a bit. Knocked the handrails off the sail on one of the subs, one landed on the bench and one hit the floor. After a few minutes searching and about to give up, I found the wayward rail which was happily tweezered up placed safely on the desk. Seemed like a good time to knock off for a bit!:penguin:

Before that though, most of the assembly was done and I have made a start on a display base. When we were put earlier in the day we stopped at the local craft store and I got piece of Bass wood which has been cut, sanded, and stained with the first coat of polyurethane applied.

49284147468_e337aa5658_b.jpg

• Like 3