AdrianMF's 2019

AdrianMF

4 hours ago, spaddad said:

fuselage extension plug

It is. The Airfix Demon comes up short against the tape, Aeroclub and all the other kits. It was pretty much my best cockpit to date and I was pleased with it until the wings got to me. I think 2020 needs to be KUTA year...

• Like 1

Luckily, depending how you look at I suppose, I am not afflicted by the need to pursue accuracy so I am quite happy to build out of the box, I do try to avoid well known dogs (Airfix Shturmovic for instance)  if possible. Are the wings undersize as well? 

• Like 1

A steady flow of really well built models throughout the year, a joy to see each being built. The Empire project is a huge undertaking and one I'm really looking forward to seeing completed. Thanks for sharing everything with us, I've picked up loads of tips along the way.

Onward and upward for 2020!

Tony.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Not even if Airfix announced a new one on Monday! The Short Empire is this year's inadvisable project...

Regards,

Adrian

Wellllll,...... I`ll be building quite a few anyway! Good luck with the Short Empire,..... a beautiful aeroplane,..... I wanted one of the CMK ones but just couldn`t afford one!

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

On 12/30/2019 at 11:00 AM, AdrianMF said:

The wings are spot on. And I’ve done the Airfix IL-2. Don’t even ask...

What's wrong with you?

By the way the modelling world at large owes you a great debt, I'm talking of course of the forthcoming Airfix Beaufort, wouldn't have happened without all your hard work, thanks man.

Did you get my message about The Works selling the Haynes Manual on the Empire boats for a fiver?

Edited by spaddad

9 hours ago, spaddad said:

great debt

Well I hope everyone goes out and buys lots of ‘em. Sadly I won’t, I’ve got one on my shelf and I’m happy with it. I’m pleased to see that the render looks just like my one, but I expect the cockpit won’t be as detailed :) 

There is a lot of work needed to get to a late Beaufort from the Mk I - it needs more changes than just the dark bits on the render. It will be interesting to see the parts breakdown when it comes out.

As an aside, I appreciate that everyone is agog with excitement about the new releases but if my organisation was leaking information like that I’d be very annoyed.

And sorry @spaddad I did get your message but forgot to reply. I’ve had the book for a couple of years now and it’s quite well thumbed!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

A terrific line up.  Your Frog builds are superb and I particulalrly like the trainer collection.  I will be looking forward to your posting the Fairey Long Range Monoplane when it's completed.  I've become rather interested in this aircraft.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Meatbox8 said:

your posting the Fairey Long Range Monoplane when it's completed

Me too! Longest running shelf o'shame build. Must get the Empire done first though because my shelf isn't big enough for it!

Regards,

Adrian

• Haha 1