ICM Halftrack

Ozzy

Not quite a Blitzbuild, this is a kit I got for Christmas from Mrs Oz. I've been looking forward to getting it started, as it will make go nicely with the tram I'm currently building. The kit so far has been a really smooth build, the kit comes with a nicely detailed engine. Though I'd do a WIP as only seen one of these built so far.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Robert Jan Scholte v. Mast said:

Another nice build to follow. I just watched some offerings, in particular the Sd.Kfz's  for "Funk".

I'll keep an eye on this one. Enjoy your build.

Robert Jan

Thanks Jan,

there have been some nice half track builds lately which have caught my eye, your AFV club one looks as it’s progressing well.

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy,

a very interesting vehicle, one day I have to make a "Hanomag", that there is an immense variety, and from what I see, this kit seems of a superior quality, with all kinds of details, nothing to add (Resin or PE), If you don't want to I have never done an ICM, but it seems an interesting brand ...
Good progress....
Merry Christmas to HNY.:santa:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Ozzy,

a very interesting vehicle, one day I have to make a "Hanomag", that there is an immense variety, and from what I see, this kit seems of a superior quality, with all kinds of details, nothing to add (Resin or PE), If you don't want to I have never done an ICM, but it seems an interesting brand ...
Good progress....
Merry Christmas to HNY.:santa:

Thanks Francis,

i think there's about 9 different variants that were in service, definitely some interesting diorama subjects. I've built a few ICM aircraft kits and been really pleased with the fit and detail, this is my first ICM AFV and as with the aircraft the fit is fantastic. The kit is the most detailed German halftrack I've built so far, having built Tamiya and Dragon kits. So far they do this one and the Infantry variant.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you to.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Good start Ozzy. ICM seem to have a load of goodies coming along for 2020, not least of which is the Leyland Retriever in the fourth quarter.

John.

Thanks John,

both the ukranien model companies are producing some really good stuff at the moment, long may it continue. I just wish I had more shelf space, sounds like you've got Christmas 2020 sorted John.

the kit is going together really well, the detail is fantastic even with the equipment on the upper hull. There is a little drilling marker, put in the box to allow perfect alignment of the antenna. The final picture is how my build will be displayed, summer 1939 in Berlin. The Halftrack driving through the city to a forward location.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Thanks Francis,

i think there's about 9 different variants that were in service, definitely some interesting diorama subjects. I've built a few ICM aircraft kits and been really pleased with the fit and detail, this is my first ICM AFV and as with the aircraft the fit is fantastic. The kit is the most detailed German halftrack I've built so far, having built Tamiya and Dragon kits. So far they do this one and the Infantry variant.

A bit more. I  bought a D version lately with the slash 17. (and there are more) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robert Jan Scholte v. Mast said:

A bit more. I  bought a D version lately with the slash 17. (and there are more) 

Wow, Just had a look on the net there's at least 23 variants.

• Like 1

Great work Clive.

It does look to be an excellent kit. Shame to waste the engine details. Personally, I'd have the 'Hanomag' broken down and some bods poking about in the engine.  Too late now, but the idea to have the passing tram with passengers' faces pressed up against the windows, possibly laughing and taking the Micky out of the Germnans But whatever, your dio is going to look fantastic anyway. The tram is a beauty and I really like the cobbled street.

Have a great new year.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badder said:

Great work Clive.

It does look to be an excellent kit. Shame to waste the engine details. Personally, I'd have the 'Hanomag' broken down and some bods poking about in the engine.  Too late now, but the idea to have the passing tram with passengers' faces pressed up against the windows, possibly laughing and taking the Micky out of the Germnans But whatever, your dio is going to look fantastic anyway. The tram is a beauty and I really like the cobbled street.

Have a great new year.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,

ICM have a habit of putting engines in their kits, if I was to build another I would make with the engine showing. As you said with some bods around having a poke, hopefully I will get both finish so they can both go in my yearbook.

You and Mrs Badder have a great new year too.

35 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

A huge amount of detail in there. Lovely. I like the tram too. It should be a nice diorama.

Thanks Pete,

The tram is by Mini Art, it had been my plan for a while to combine the two builds in a pre Sepember 1st diorama.

• Like 2

Nice work so far, i have 2 of these in the stash and have already built the /1, one of the best 35th 251 kits out there IMHO. Look forward to seeing more.

On 12/28/2019 at 10:23 AM, Ozzy said:

Thanks Francis,

Depending on how you count them, there are over 60 different versions and variants of the 251 and not quite half of them are produced in kits.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bish said:

Nice work so far, i have 2 of these in the stash and have already built the /1, one of the best 35th 251 kits out there IMHO. Look forward to seeing more.

Depending on how you count them, there are over 60 different versions and variants of the 251 and not quite half of them are produced in kits.

Wow, cheers Bish I didn’t know there were that many variants. Definitely keep you busy scratch building, the ones not on offer from the big companies.

Well, there were 23 variants, but when you combine them with the different body versions, it all adds up. At one time i had hoped to do all of them, but with 32 of which i have only built 6, i doubt thats going to happen.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bish said:

Well, there were 23 variants, but when you combine them with the different body versions, it all adds up. At one time i had hoped to do all of them, but with 32 of which i have only built 6, i doubt thats going to happen.

Me and another chap proposed half tracks as a build theme in our local club, knowing there were so many. Unfortunately with a membership of mainly aircraft modellers, we only scored 2 votes. Maybe next year.

• Haha 1

the past couple of days have been spent figure and radio painting, I've just got the tracks and the decals to put on then a bit of weathering. Not so much as she's not gone through any dusty tracks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

HI Ozzy,

a nice scene with the tram, I really like how the floor looks.
No doubt these Ukrainians know how to make kits, together with Miniart, I see that they are two quality brands. I have to consider ICM for the future ...🍿

Cheers mate :xmasparty:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

HI Ozzy,

a nice scene with the tram, I really like how the floor looks.
No doubt these Ukrainians know how to make kits, together with Miniart, I see that they are two quality brands. I have to consider ICM for the future ...🍿

Cheers mate :xmasparty:

Thanks Francis,

they certinally do, I will definitely buy more ICM kits in future.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Looks like an excellent idea for a project and looks like you are are making excellent progress too.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix and a Happy new Year to you and Mrs Stix,

the halftrack is a fantastic kit to build, I'll definitely get another ICM kit. 

Here is the finished build driving through Berlin on their way to the Polish border.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Happy New Year to all that have commented along the way.

• Like 4

LJdFrf8.jpg

'.....19, 39, und der bonusball ist....'

Hi Clive,

That's turned out a smart looking dio that has and will grace the pages of your yearbook nicely. I really do like both featured kits. Does the tram have a detailed undercarriage? I'm thinking that a tram tipped over and burnt out might be a ncie feature in a town dio if I ever get around to finishing my other two!

Rearguards,

Badder. (left all alone on a new year's eve) lol

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Badder said:

LJdFrf8.jpg

'.....19, 39, und der bonusball ist....'

Hi Clive,

That's turned out a smart looking dio that has and will grace the pages of your yearbook nicely. I really do like both featured kits. Does the tram have a detailed undercarriage? I'm thinking that a tram tipped over and burnt out might be a ncie feature in a town dio if I ever get around to finishing my other two!

Rearguards,

Badder. (left all alone on a new year's eve) lol

Thanks Badder,

the tram has a very detailed underside, miniart also do a Russian one to. Sounds like a fantastic idea for a dioarama.

image.jpg

image.jpg

if your home alone, that sounds like a fantastic opportunity for an evening of modelling.

happy new year to you and your family.