1/700 HMS Battleaxe Type 22

The kit is the white ensign models 1/700 HMS Battleaxe, its a multimedia kit with white metal, phot etch, and resin. It also represents ( at this time) the only kits of  this type of vessel. The type itself was known as the one they got right, with excellent sea keeping capability.

the build itself starts with removing seam line, and hatches from the main super structure ( these are to be replaced with photetch later on). I then matched bits of the super structure and filled the holes and sink marks left from the manufacturing process.

IMG_8847

as you can see the parts didnt fit two well so lots of filler and wet sanding is needed to bring it all flush

IMG_8848

IMG_8935

IMG_8941

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

...and I served in her older sister, Broadsword, from 89-91, plus her younger big-nosed cousin, Boxer, from 84-85.  Great ships.  Does your BX have the big fat funnel of her early years, or the later more streamlined version?

2 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

.Great ships.  

Couldn't agree more, especially from the aviation perspective.  I had full appointments on board both BOXER (86-88) and BRAVE (90-92); just a week in BATTLEAXE in I think 91 covering for their Flight Commander who was ill.

• Like 1