Fab WNW service

melvyn hiscock

Thanks to whomsoever pointed out the fact that  Wingnut were selling a limited run of the Albatros DV with the Bavarian decals but only direct from NZ. So, only a few days before Christmas I ordered one and it turned up this morning which was a nice surprise after spending most of Christmas Day in Jersey hospital - I know how to have fun.

So, Le Rhône camel to finish at the moment (my first WNW kit and last year’s Christmas present from the lovely Mrs H)) and then Neville Duke’s Spitfire VIII via a Tamiya, Montex and Xtradecal (this year’s Mrs H pressie), then the DVa, probably as the blue and white striped example as I have been able to inspect to mortal remains of this very aeroplane and the Memorial Flight are reproducing this one, and having been a member since the beginning (and with WNW not doing a SPAD XIII yet), and having a full size one to inspect- which is a good excuse to go to France, it seems the thing to do. The problem now is a lack of space. I still need to move on some guitars!

i was very impressed at the speed the albatros made it over!

• Like 3

It would appear I answered that on your thread (no pun intended) before getting around to reading your reply on here. Either way, I’ll let you know. When I get out of hospital I should be close to zipping up the fuselage, then it’ll be wing painting. I don’t know what stage you are at, but if I am ahead I am more than happy to share experience. It is like this other thing I do, having other patients to talk to helps a lot.