This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
RACETRACK

A Chrstmas debacle..

I have just endured another BBC  "adaptation". Not content with their recent work on The War of the Worlds the BBC have decided to work their "magic" on another classic.  Avoid as you'll never get back

those wasted hours. Better still, read the book.

If you're referring to A Christmas Carol my wife thought it okay, maybe not as good as past films but okay.

Personally, I don't watch or read Dickens, I find it really boring It may have something to do with 6 years of Eng. Lit at school.

Edited by Whofan

I couldn't get my head around the works of Dickens so I havent seen it.

But, I thought they went seriously wrong with the much (over ) hyped War of the Worlds! That was a tad disappointing. As is their "adaptation" of  Dracula. 

Definitely a  case of "ignore the BBC and read the originals" as far as I'm concerned .

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

The definitive filmic version is the one by The Muppets.  It manages to combine both comedy and the really darker parts of the story very effectively.  It really is a tour de force by Michael Caine, demonstrating what a superb actor he is.