This is the end of 2019...1/144 BAC 221

I wanted to bring something back from Telford this Year and this kit looked really cool.

spacer.png

This was not a Hard kit but there were a few curves tossed here and there. Dry-fitting and Sanding were the word of the day.

spacer.png

I added some details to the landing gear such as retractors and braces, using Albion alloys real small tubbing.

spacer.png

Kit decals were used and the were mostly very good except the red forward sections on the nose, I used some Vallejo red for touch up. Checking steady-ness of my hands.

spacer.png

This was a Beautiful aircraft and I am quite happy with the small version I have. 

PS the Paint is much smoother than the Magnified photos reflect.

spacer.png

Thanks for taking a look and Comments welcome

Happy New Year 

Bill

• Like 20

Well done, very nice. I never knew there was a 1/144th scale kit of the BAC 221.  I did have the Heritage/Whirlykits 1/72 BAC 221 but sold it regretfully.  Looks like the panel lines may be a bit heavy on this kit, which another coat of paint might have resolved, but it looks good and no doubt will sit alongside a 1/144th Concorde model? 

Thank you for the feedback. For some reason the Enamel paint would not fill the panel Lines. Even though the aircraft was primered in Tamiya spray white. The blue would not fill the panels. Strange finish?

Bill

'I wanted to bring something back from Telford this Year and this kit looked really cool.'

I think you made a good choice, and made a lovely job of building and painting it too.

Thanks

I used Testors Enamel..Ford Engine Blue.

Be Aware,I could not get it to settle in the panel lines. Was too far along to strip and try over.

Regards

Bill

• Like 1