1/48 - Cessna O-2A Skymaster by ICM - released

Homebee

6 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Long since given up trying to understand folks....

That's why some of us prefer pets to people. Though I prefer really nice people to pets ... O.K. maybe just a little bit. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Des said:

Bought a set when ICM said that they would be releasing the kit but wondering if AOA might be reducing their 1/32 sheet down to 1/48 for this as well  -  https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AOA32025?result-token=k19nP

Ya, that's been the plan since the announcement of this kit earlier this year. I'm waiting for the kit itself first before the decal work.

On 1/23/2020 at 5:24 AM, ziggyfoos said:

The AOA decals 1/32 sheet for Vietnam O-2s will be redone for this 1/48 kit with at least one scheme swapped out for another.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the 1/32 scale kit needed brass undercarriage this one will definitely need it. Fear not Aerocraft will be supplying your needs in this regard, as soon as I am able to secure a kit, the parts will be off to the casters.

so just remember that when you get your kit/ kits. 😃 Ali

• Like 6

Just now, Ali62 said:

If the 1/32 scale kit needed brass undercarriage this one will definitely need it. Fear not Aerocraft will be supplying your needs in this regard, as soon as I am able to secure a kit, the parts will be off to the casters.

so just remember that when you get your kit/ kits. 😃 Ali

That's good news Ali :yes:

On 15/05/2020 at 18:57, TEXANTOMCAT said:

You can only build an 0-2 to this (and yes it is about a FAC 0-2 and is rather wonderful) I wonder if theyll do a civvy 337?

Thanks for that link, not heard that one before, very moving.

• Like 2

Mine arrived this morning from Hannants, just had a chance for a quick look but first impressions are it’s very nice. Clean mouldings with nice engraved lines, clean & clear transparent parts with some good looking decals for a couple of different versions. Looking forward to building it.

• Like 1

New AOA decals - ref. 48-017 - FAC & BS BOMBER OSCAR DEUCES / USAF/VNAF O-2A/O-2B Skymasters in the Vietnam War

Source: http://www.aoadecals.com/48017/home.htm

This 1/48 decal sheet includes marking options for O-2 Skymasters in the Vietnam War primarily operated by the United State Air Force (USAF) in the Forward Air Controller (FAC) role.  The O-2B, the psychological warfare variant, also served in the war utilitizing its leaflet dispenser and loudspeaker - earning the nickname of bullsh*t bomber.  The South Vietnam Air Force (VNAF) also operated a small number of O-2A Skymasters later in the war.

14 Marking Options Included:

USAF - ten O-2A options (overall grey and overall black) and three O-2B options (camouflaged) [Please note: as of the date of this decal release, there is no O-2B kit or conversion available]

VNAF - one O-2A option (110th Observation Squadron)

Airframe data/stencil sets provided for TWO aircraft (variations of certain markings also provided).  Stencils are based on original 1970 Cessna/USAF drawings and contemporary photographs during the Vietnam War period and are applicable to the early original small pilot's side window version depicted in the kit.

Bonus markings of the large white THE FAC wing marking for overall black aircraft are also provided; however, the three overall black options on this decal release did not have this marking.  This wing marking was possibly used by 21st TASS, whose Skymasters otherwise were overall black with very minimal red markings.  Unfortunately during the research for this sheet, no serial numbers were confirmed for one of these aircraft marked with THE FAC wing marking.

COVER-48017.jpg
48017.jpg

V.P.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Cessna O-2A Skymaster by ICM - released - new boxing in 2021
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, sinistervampire319 said:

So what was a late production? I only knew of either a O-2A or O-2B version.

The enlarged left hand side window, it extended further up the side to the roof. Can see it in the boxart image well. Don't have my refs handy but as I recall it started with around 1968ish production.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ziggyfoos said:

The enlarged left hand side window, it extended further up the side to the roof. Can see it in the boxart image well. Don't have my refs handy but as I recall it started with around 1968ish production.

Ah ok. Never heard it called a late version before. Just a window mod. Like the upper windows and the right side windows. Some had both side windows some only had the door window and so on.

38 minutes ago, MarcV said:

Hi all,

Any idea where the kit can be bought at a reasonable price - i.e. does anyone know of any reliable Ukrainian model shops that do mail order?

Thanks all.

Marc.

Ja, maar niet zo ver als Ukraine. Uitdrukkelijk aanbevelen: Passion 132 https://www.passion132.com/gb/ of Domino https://www.dominomodel.com/index.php?lang=nl

V.P.

Edited by Homebee