1/48 - Cessna O-2A Skymaster by ICM - released

Homebee

1 hour ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

You can only build an 0-2 to this (and yes it is about a FAC 0-2 and is rather wonderful) I wonder if theyll do a civvy 337?

A civvy 337 would be nice.

• Like 3

I'll be building one of the O-2's I flew as an FAO in over Laos in the spring of '68 (FAO, not pilot). Glad they got the equipment rack in back more or less correct, spent bit of time on those. I'll be substituting an M-2 carbine for one of the the AR-15's, though.     

Edited by Romad601
More information added
  • Like 6

On 12/27/2019 at 9:43 PM, Rui Silva said:

I could do a Portuguese AF "Puxa-Empurra" (Pull-Push) Reims-Cessna FTB 337!

33f4889ba45532b40fb430bcbc3a2b36.jpg

I wasn't really interested in the O-2 till I saw this; simply gorgeous! Just added the Portuguese O-2 on my "to do" Is there a decal set available? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 11:39 AM, mack said:

I wasn't really interested in the O-2 till I saw this; simply gorgeous! Just added the Portuguese O-2 on my "to do" Is there a decal set available? 

Yes,

Caracal Models have a FAP option on their aftermarket decal sheet reference CD48084

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SleeperService said:

Looks beautiful but I hope that grid pattern isn't there on the real transparencies.

Pretty sure that's just the texture of the material it's been photographed against showing through.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hopkp said:

Pretty sure that's just the texture of the material it's been photographed against showing through.....

That's what it looks like to me, and it's magnifying the texture of the material.  I occasionally see this when I'm doing clear parts for reviews, but my material is blue and finer weave :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hopkp said:

1 hour ago, Mike said:

That's what it looks like to me, and it's magnifying the texture of the material.  I occasionally see this when I'm doing clear parts for reviews, but my material is blue and finer weave :)

So I can stop sobbing now then. Much relief at SleeperCentral. Stand by for a flood of RARE!! COLLECTABLE!! listings on t'bey for the Testor's kit ;)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Violet Club said:

If they could scale it down in 1/72 !

+1

the Airfix is too old and like the Arrii too expensive on ebay

• AIRFIX Cessna O-2   60  EUR
  • ARII Cessna T337 Sky Master  60  EUR

22 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Stand by for a flood of RARE!! COLLECTABLE!! listings on t'bey for the Testor's kit ;)

At the moment eBay prices for the ICM kit with 'Free Shipping' seem to be at best about equal to what sellers are seeking for ye olde Testors/Italeri and Heller kits before shipping is added to them although there  are one or two of the latter whose combined charges come close to twice the price of the new kit.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Des said:

At the moment eBay prices for the ICM kit with 'Free Shipping' seem to be at best about equal to what sellers are seeking for ye olde Testors/Italeri and Heller kits before shipping is added to them although there  are one or two of the latter whose combined charges come close to twice the price of the new kit.

Long since given up trying to understand folks....

I can't find the thread but I believe Quinta Studios are collaborating with ICM so beautiful cockpit lovliness may be along soon. Remember the Caracal decals too folks. Happy happy Days :D