1/48 - Heinkel He-111Z-1 “Zwilling" by ICM - released - camo painting masks by LF Models

Homebee

Was it HPH that released a Gigant in 1/48th scale? Now there's a giant diorama waiting to be done - the Zwilling about to tow the Gigant into the air.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Learstang said:

Was it HPH that released a Gigant in 1/48th scale? Now there's a giant diorama waiting to be done - the Zwilling about to tow the Gigant into the air.

Regards,

Jason

HpH Gigant is in 1/32nd scale

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234994088-132-messerschmitt-me321323-gigant-resin-kit-by-hph-prototype-in-progress-release-in-2017/

V.P.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Homebee said:

17 hours ago, Learstang said:

Regards,

Jason

HML part of MPM released a 323 Gigant in 1/48 but not the glider version.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hub Plott said:

HML part of MPM released a 323 Gigant in 1/48 but not the glider version.

Just chop the engines off. And HpH did a Gigant in 1/32nd scale. Then I guess Revell just need to release their 1/32nd He-111 as a Zwilling.

Regards,

Jason

• Haha 1

Zwilling was huuge aircraft in 1/72, in quarter scale was big beast - and in 1/32 have gigantic wingspan. I lookin´ for Hasegawa Zwilling in 1/72, but their pricing was awful... So i wait for ICM 1/48 kit. I don´t think a Revell realised their He-111 as Zwilling - yup, they can make a few new parts - maybe in future as L.E. ? It is visual attractive and unusual aircraft, but still a glider tug with really big wingspan.  Maybe exist a conversion set.... I don´t know...

I looked at one time for conversions for Revell's 1/48 He-111 into a Zwilling.  The two kit could be bought cheap enough but the conversion itself was very expensive so I dropped the idea.  I don't imagine this will be much more (maybe a bit less) than twice the cost of one of their twin engine versions. If that is the case it will be very doable.  And every once and a while their kits are on sale somewhere which will help too.

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

This is excellent, not that I´d need or want one, but it makes desiring the 1:48 B-17 sound more rationable - its wingspan is about three inches shorter 🙂

Perfect sense to me! Plus you can display a small model between the fuselages :D No brainer Zwilling AND a B-17 or two.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...