1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25RU & PU "Foxbat-C" by ICM - MiG-25RU & PU released

Homebee

2 hours ago, MiG-Mech said:

PU interceptor/bomber(?) trainer
RU reconnaissance trainer

I still try to find pics of PU with weapons.

There's a pic of the prototype ("Blue U01")  with R-40 's underwing on p.58 of the Yefim Gordon Red Star Vol.34 book on the Foxbat, but the vast majority of my references show empty pylons.

@Violet Club The wing pylons and associated weapons are the only external differences between the two variants - both trainer variants were based on the airframe of the recon version. Being radarless, only the IR Acrids could be carried.

Cheers,

Andre

On 2/19/2021 at 12:30 AM, Ryan Hothersall said:

Begemot Decals make decals for the single seater interceptor. but I don't know about two seaters.

No, not for a U.

I asked ICM for at Instagram; they said they send request to design department. 

I don't know if it's true and chance for it or empty phrase (?).

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, MiG-Mech said:

Instruction sheet is online.

https://icm.com.ua/aviation/mig-25pu/

4 decal variants, but no surprise:

3 almost identical Russian Airforce

1 Libyan AF

Oh, and no weapons.

Condor's PU had IR R-40T's if I'm not mistaken, but that's an easy issue to fix.

The real question, for me personally, is if in real life the MiG-25PU did or could employ any type of missiles, in this case infrared Acrids. I don't seem to be able to find information about that anywhere.

52 minutes ago, CharlieGolf2009 said:

The real question, for me personally, is if in real life the MiG-25PU did or could employ any type of missiles, in this case infrared Acrids. 

See my post a bit above.

Cheers,

Andre

• Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25RU & PU "Foxbat-C" by ICM - MiG-25RU & PUn released
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25RU & PU "Foxbat-C" by ICM - MiG-25RU & PU released
  • 3 weeks later...

Got the PU yesterday.

Parts as known from the other versions.

Looks nice in the box.

I wanna build RBT, RU, PD and Pu together after my triple MiG-29 project.

There are already a lot of nice aftermarket products, but still looking for decals for Algerian PU.