Airbrush Adjustment Screw

GazB

Hi all. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays :)

I got a new airbrush for Christmas, a double-action model with an adjusting screw beneath the paint cup. I'm curious as to what this screw does since none of my previous models have one and I couldn't quite seem to isolate the function through Google searching. Much appreciate for any direction in advance :)

Cheers

Gaz

5 hours ago, bmwh548 said:

It adjusts airflow. The one I had was actually really good at it (you could make very nice, fine adjustments).

Oh cool. So like, if you tighten it it restricts the airflow for I guess, increased pressure?

Thanks for the reply bmwh :)

Gaz

On Iwata airbrushes that have them, the MAC (Micro Air Control) valve sets the maximum airflow; screwing the knob in reduces airflow, backing it out allows more airflow. I don't often use the MAC valve, possibly because I generally set my compressor to 15 PSI (1 atm).

The "pre-set" screw at the rear set a maximum paint flow by limiting needle travel; I haven't had any use for the pre-set screw. I keep paint flowing smoothly through the airbrush by occasionally fully pulling back on the needle to "burp" the airbrush (not while pointing at the model, of course).

• Like 4

13 hours ago, dnl42 said:

On Iwata airbrushes that have them, the MAC (Micro Air Control) valve sets the maximum airflow; screwing the knob in reduces airflow, backing it out allows more airflow. I don't often use the MAC valve, possibly because I generally set my compressor to 15 PSI (1 atm).

The "pre-set" screw at the rear set a maximum paint flow by limiting needle travel; I haven't had any use for the pre-set screw. I keep paint flowing smoothly through the airbrush by occasionally fully pulling back on the needle to "burp" the airbrush (not while pointing at the model, of course).

Thanks for the info, dnl, much appreciated :)

Gaz

• Thanks 1