Lemur's don't know what build

You must have the same cracker jokes as me. :P

It is a lot of parts. I don't do wheeled things so this may end up a right mess.

Currently listening to The Monkees to keep me going. And yes, it was a Pineapple. 

Everything has been sprayed grey as an undercoat. Next up a single pass of what is described as dark yellow. May not be accurate but I will try to keep it reasonable. 

I'm not sure how the kit is moulded, but they are often done with a raised "Panel Line" down the middle of the hood. This should really be scribed, as the two halves of the hood are folded inward during manufacture and spot welded along the seam. This results in quite a prominent groove along the hood from the front to the hinge line.

0639.jpg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Army_Air_Force said:

I'm not sure how the kit is moulded, but they are often done with a raised "Panel Line" down the middle of the hood. This should really be scribed, as the two halves of the hood are folded inward during manufacture and spot welded along the seam. This results in quite a prominent groove along the hood from the front to the hinge line.

0639.jpg

Thanks @Army_Air_Force the kit has two hoods, one has the groove, so will use that one.

Some bits are now stuck together.

20191226_171654

I am totally in awe of all you guys who do wheeled things as this is really challenging for someone who usually needs at least two wings 🙄. This may break me, not helped by the carpet monster looking with glee at the many small parts.

Now listening to Seasons End by Marillion before SWIMBO calls me to tea.

What do Monkeys sing at Christmas?

• Like 4

It's a project that was completed 5 years ago! It became the "Station Photo" Jeep out of the two below, and is seen in temporary RAF markings. It is a May 1943 built Ford GPW, used in mainland USA during the war and finally died on a Texas farm some time post war. I got it as a wreck in 2012 and got it back on the road in 2014.

feb_snow01.jpg

recovery3.jpg

ta33.jpg

• Like 4

Merry Christmas, Mr.Lemur.

I'm concerned about the part number of your (enforced) choice of build! What a good person Mrs.Lemur must be, however.

Good luck, bon chance and Halsundbeinbruch.

Angus Tura.

Seven and a half hours in.

Quite a lot has been completed so far.

20191226_221908

The chassis is almost ready. The body needs to be finished for painting. The engine should just drop in   but will probably put up a bit of a fight. 

Not yet started, machine guns, ancilliaries wheels plus god knows what bits and bobs will fall in place. That is it for now,  a little beer plus a kip. Up at half five, so plenty of time yet to go. I am starting to feel a bit comfortable now.

One extra point for identifying the pic on the clock.

What's white and goes up?

A confused snowflake.  I thank you.

See you in the morning. 

• Like 2

A Holly Davidson 

The engine is on the chassis, and the body has been approached to see if it wants to play.

20191227_111639

Having not made something like this before, I have to ask. 

Is it meant to fit together? This is more clampit than the Beverley Hillbillies. 

Next up is some weaponry. The ammo belts look nicely detailed 

20191227_112054

But outside of a factory I can't imagine any instance they would look like this, so I decided to dunk one in my coffee. 

20191227_112312

A bit of flex later and it might work with what I am planning. 

Why does Santa have 3 gardens?

• Like 2

Wheels on

2019-12-27_12-39-46

Three wheels went on fine.

Front two, easy.

Back ones have a D shaped stub to fit into a D shaped hole to make sure you get your round wheel the right way up :think:.

Sorry, one side of the axle has a D shaped stub, the other is a quarter circle wedge :jump_fire:. Not a good time to find out. However,  a bit of reshaping got me back on track.

@Johnson, correct answer.

Now I am off to raid the fridge.

What do you get if you cross a cowboy with an octopus?

• Like 2

Billy the Squid.

Calling this done for this build

20191227_145201

Eight minutes to spare, and a very happy bunny.

Pluses

The fit of parts (apart from the body) was excellent. 

Detail was very good throughout.

A nice, pleasant build.

Negatives

Instructions, missing parts, incorrect numbers, numbers which aren't even on the sprue.

Over engineered drive train means some parts are not really secure until the whole thing is together.

No clear instructions on markings.

That said, as I had no referenced to hand, I decided to leave off the markings until I can get some photos.

Paint throughout, Mr Hobby.

Various shades of yellow and brown to hint at weathering.

Final dusting of light brown to simulate dust.

Apologies to any vehicle/ afv / Israeli experts for the colours / condition of this.

Apologies for the poor jokes throughout,  blame is squarely on the host for putting it in the rules.

Thanks must go to Mike at MJR Hobbies for going along with my request and setting up this challenge.

Thanks to all who watched, commented and contributed. 

More pics will go on to the RFI page.

Lemur out.

• Like 5