Mistercraft Mig-21 1/72 Indian Air Force Polka dots

Hi Guys,

I have never had the intention to build this kit as the IAF Mig-21 15 squadron the lancer with Polka dots over the yellow, these markings were for early aggressor training. I bought this kit for the decals which had a sexy one and I had some Eduard kits for it, however, after seeing the kit i thought why not I do a quick build, the parts were simple and some parts oversimplified but I have no complaint you can't beat the price and also expect good quality it. So, I thought why not build the kit as well, so I end with these big polka dots mig-21, masking the black was simple well there is trick to it and rather very simple one hehe. I will tell if one anyone is interested. So here it is Mig-21 15 squadron the lancer, 1992 Jodhpur.

Thank you for looking, and this being my last build for the year. Happy New Year 2020.

Cheers everyone

DSC-6962.jpg

DSC-6963.jpg

DSC-6965.jpg

DSC-6966.jpg

DSC-6970.jpg

• Like 29

11 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Superb colour schemes on those MiG's & the kits build up well by the look of things.

Oh yes & do tell how you did that masking.

Martin

layout.jpg

Hi Martin,

Season greeting, it was simple trick, I used Bindi decoration, it is worn by typical Indian Hindu ladies, I went to local stationary shop and they had bunch of it in different sizes and very cheap too about 10p per strip. So I applied black color and ontop of it the Bindis of different sizes and apply the yellow over it. Once you removed you get the black dots over the aircraft.

Cheers

• Like 8

5 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

layout.jpg

Hi Martin,

Season greeting, it was simple trick, I used Bindi decoration, it is worn by typical Indian Hindu ladies, I went to local stationary shop and they had bunch of it in different sizes and very cheap too about 10p per strip. So I applied black color and ontop of it the Bindis of different sizes and apply the yellow over it. Once you removed you get the black dots over the aircraft.

Cheers

mummy gonna kill you for that boy :D :D :D 

good models though :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

23 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

Season greeting, it was simple trick, I used Bindi decoration, it is worn by typical Indian Hindu ladies, I went to local stationary shop and they had bunch of it in different sizes and very cheap too about 10p per strip. 

Genius!

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2019 at 3:12 PM, Dec0da said:

mummy gonna kill you for that boy :D :D :D 

good models though :) 

Haha, you bet young modeler will think many times here for sure. Thanks

On 12/27/2019 at 3:53 PM, Ryan Hothersall said:

Nice build. 

Thanks, Mate

On 12/27/2019 at 6:45 PM, F-32 said:

Very nicely done, I really like that scheme

Thank you, F-32