Jagdpanther tracks

Red Five

Got a meng 1/35 jadgpanther yesterday but the tracks look like they will be an absolute chore to make. Does anyone know of any good metal or easy link tracks that would fit? The ones in the kit are like 3-4 parts per link and 87 links so I'll be on FOREVER with them.

4 hours ago, Soeren said:

Not directly an answer to your question. But those tracks are 3 parts per link and once you got a hang for it, it builds  nicely and the tracks a detailed.

Yeah. But I think I'll lose my damn mind doing them. I'll have a go and see

2 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Friulmodel make excellent metal tracks for the Panther / Jagdpanther, as I used them on my Revell / ICM Panther D , and they are easy to assemble. HTH   :cheers:

I did see those. Thanks

I used the Rye Field Model tracks on my Meng Jagdpanther. They go together 5 links at a time so much faster than it seems. If you're careful with the glue application, they'll work after assembly too.

IMG_20190615_131112-L.jpg

MVIMG_20190625_165723-L.jpg

The other nice thing is they were about 1/2 the price of anything else available. 

Carl

The Rye Field set works wonderful on my Meng Panther D with 87 links per side. The pins are a bit heavy, the resin ones from MasterClub are much finer. To make the whole arrangement less fragile I drilled trough all holes (easily done!) and inserted metal rod (0.3mm) and attached the bolts only on the outer side and the visibel ones on the inner side of the track.

The moulds of the current MasterClub tracks are rather worn out. The owner told me in Telford that they will be replaced in 2020 or 2021 with new moulds.