PacificMustang's Yearbook

pacificmustang

Merry Xmas All

Considering I am away with work until the 1st day of 2020, I can safely say that I will not be finishing any more models this year!

So time to present the fruits of my 2019 Modelling Year

In order of completion

Airfix 1/48 Defiant Mk1

What can I say, a delightful kit to build.  Completed with Eduard PE flaps and AM decals, the brand of which I can't remember.

Airfix 1/48 Defiant Airfix 1/48 Defiant

Trumpeter 1/32 Republic P-47D Thunderbolt

From the shelf -of-previously-started-then-stopped-kits

All markings apart from the cowl checks were painted on using masks. The cowl checks came from an old super scale sheet for the Revell kit. They fit surprisingly well.

40773772933_e5563b033f_b.jpg 46823735795_e94d640fba_b.jpg

Zoukie Mura 1/32 North American Mustang MkIVa

Built for the shark mouth GB, but just missed ou finishing it by the deadline. My first ZM kit. There will be more!

WIP here

camouflage on-12 camouflage on-15

TanModels 1/48 Rf-84F Thunderflash

Wasn't really happy with my finish on this one, but anyway, it is what it is. This is using decals from the first release of the kit

engine-sprue-close-up-7_orig engine-sprue-close-up-10_orig

Airfix 1/48 Hawker Hunter

Added a set of Eduard flaps to make up for the lack of kit supplied detail in this area

oblique port rear port

TanModels 1/48 RF-84F Thunderflash

Yes another one, because I wasn't happy with the first one. Still not happy with this one either

Im sure the kit roundels are too light for the Norwegian scheme too

norwegian thunderflash,nose-3 norwegian thunderflash,port profile 

I ticked off one of my three resolutions for 2019. I wanted to build a ship and a WNW kit as well as complete something from the stalled projects list. Oh well. There is always next year.

If you are interested in fuller descriptions of the builds, they are all included on my website listed in my signature

A Safe and prosperous New Year to everyone

Bruce

Edited by pacificmustang
  • Like 20

Quality over quantity, Bruce ! Love the ZM Mustang !

I've built the Tanmodel Thunderflash [twice}, but they don't stack up against yours, by any stretch.

Must be a thing about Norwegian decals. I recently built the Italeri Arado Ar 196 and the Norwegian decals for that were also too pale, in my estimation.

Hope your workload over the rest of the year and beyond is as low as humanly possible.

Happy New Year & see you at a meeting when you can make it.

Rog

What a fantastic collection for the year Bruce,..... love all of the subjects and schemes that you`ve chosen,........ hope you had a great Christmas mate.

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, roginoz said:

Quality over quantity, Bruce ! Love the ZM Mustang !

I've built the Tanmodel Thunderflash [twice}, but they don't stack up against yours, by any stretch.

Must be a thing about Norwegian decals. I recently built the Italeri Arado Ar 196 and the Norwegian decals for that were also too pale, in my estimation.

Hope your workload over the rest of the year and beyond is as low as humanly possible.

Happy New Year & see you at a meeting when you can make it.

Rog

Thanks Rog, Hope your xmas went well. I loved your Luftwaffe Thunderflash 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, totally rubbish builds; I wouldn't be happy either, especially not with that Defiant and the Mustang.

Are you KIDDING?!?! What a fab collection (although I suspect you might be right about the Norwegian roundels). 

Did I mention how gorgeous the Hunter is  too. . . 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Newbie(kinda) said:

Yeah, totally rubbish builds; I wouldn't be happy either, especially not with that Defiant and the Mustang.

Are you KIDDING?!?! What a fab collection (although I suspect you might be right about the Norwegian roundels). 

Did I mention how gorgeous the Hunter is  too. . . 

Thanks Newbie.  If I had of been more invested in the Thunderflash. I would have tried to get some corrected coloured Vingtor roundels, but I got to that stage where you just want to move on to the next build!

Thankyou everyone for the kind comments and likes. I really enjoy these threads and seeing the what everyone else produces for their year.  I'm always blown away by the sheer variety in the subjects some people build.

A Happy and Safe New Year to all Britmodellers and their families

Bruce

Edited by pacificmustang

Bloody nice line up Bruce. I did scroll back & forth trying to find a favourite, sorry nothing doing, they've all got features that jump out & say "MEEEE" though the cowl checks on the P-47 are a triumph, especially for decals. :)

Steve.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Lovely work for the year Bruce, did not realise you finished so many

:thumbsup:

Thanks Ray, nor did I 😀 missed you at Canberra this year as you were at the Airshow 

Have a great  new year 

Bruce 

• Like 1