Airfix 1/72 P-51D. Simple OOB build.

RevDWC

Hi all.

I recently signed up, and figured this GB would be a good way to start getting involved and posting (also to break my terrible habit of signing up to forums then returning to lurk mode forever).

I'm just going to do a simple OOB build, no fancy decals or parts. Having not rushed through a build before, I figure it'll be an interesting challenge. Various domestic chores ate away the morning here, so it's a later start than planned.

Lunch as shown is a couple of ham filled rolls, and at this time of day, apple juice. Gin and Tonic will be broken out in a couple of hours when I've made some progress.

Cheers, Justin.

p?i=f65f6315bf592dfcb6a744b0d0589506

• Like 4

And thats's my 12 hours for today.

Not quite where I hoped to be in the build, but not worrying yet. A good nights sleep and having something to work from should see things back on track.

Night all, Justin.

• Like 1

Well today has been frustrating. I've not been able to just sit down and get on with the build as I wasn't staying focused and often found I needed to walk away for long periods of time. This led to rushing and making mistakes, and things haven't worked out like I hoped.

I'm still glad I gave it a go, and I now have a clear goal for the next blitzbuild I enter.

Sometime over the holiday season I'll finish it off, then hang it from the ceiling in the corner of the hobby room.

Best of luck to all those in the process of their builds, I'll have a look through them in the morning.

Justin in NZ.

p?i=d466776faa27919ca7a17c1722b4a9a9

• Like 1