Crusader Mk.III

For the previous Blizbuild, I built this. The Tamiya 1/48 Crusader Mk.I

spacer.png

I thoroughly enjoyed it so I thought, why not do something similar?   So here we are.

spacer.png

The hull parts are identical to the previous kit.

spacer.png

As are the running gear parts (on the left).   The turret is a new sprue, which also adds different sand skirts.

spacer.png

Almost ready to go!!!  :bounce:  :frantic:  

• Like 5

Next stage was to spray the whole thinks with Lifecolor UA-269 Dark Olive PFI.  The tyres were painted with Lifecolor UA-733 Tyre Black.

spacer.png

Track components were then primes and brush painted with Panzer Aces 304 Track Primer.

spacer.png

I'll do a bit of post shading in the hext hour or so, but that's really about it for now.  It's :beer: time! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

The Pot Noodle was so good that I'm considering doing the same again today.  Or maybe a Vesta paella... 

The missus used to be very fond of a Vesta Chow Mein when I was away on business - I'd call her in between courses at some really nice restaurant & she'd ask - "so what are you having" - I'd return the question & back came the reply - "a Vesta Chow Mein" - do you know from that day to this I've never had one....

Happy Eating - Steve

back in the game this morning.

My initial post shading involves liberally spraying the whole thing with Dark Dirt Flory Wash and allowing it to dry for a few minutes.   I then fill thhe airbrush with water and use it as a power wash to take most of the dirt off.

spacer.png

The details and weathering are the most time consuming parts.  Here, the decals are on, wheels weathered, sand skirts and many of the details fitted.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3