2020 MENAP multi-topic and multi-scale build

Bennet

2020 will be the start for my Greater Middle East, also known as MENAP (Middle East, North Africa, Afghanistan, and Pakistan), build. Having lived for 10 years in a Middle Eastern country so I have a great affinity for that part of the world. A note for all to keep in mind, I’m not going into a geo-political/religious discussion… this is a scale modelling topic. As a rule of thumb I will use the map on Wikipedia that defines the area.

Some examples of possible topics:

• RAF Harrier GR.9 (operation Telic)

• IRIAF F-14A Tomcat

• Iraqi Bf 110

• French F4U-7 Corsair Suez Canal

• Belgian F-16A MLU

• US Navy F-14D Tomcat VF-213

• Saudi Arabian F-15 Eagle

• Israeli F-35I

• Russian Su-57 (or T-50, PAK-FA) in Syria

I have a feeling that my Christmas gift maybe the kick-off 🤐... I’ll keep you posted!

Edited by Bennet
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bennet said:

In case I didn't know where to start my girlfriend gave me these kits as a Christmas gift 🤩

Looks very nice! It’ll be interesting to seeing all these kits in progress here, Bennet... I’ll take a seat! 🍿

11 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

Bennet.

Ooh thus is exciting as MY Great Great Grandfathers  were originally from Afghanistan  So I look forward to your amazing build.

Great choice.

:clap2:

5 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

You could replace the Israeli F-35 for an Avia S-199 in Israeli markings.

Houston, Sturmovik, that's why I put the "...". The list could be very long 😳, and never ending 😜

2 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

I am trying to build an IRIAF collection myself, so will watch with interest. Its a fascinating part of the world and rich with interesting themes for modelling.

Are you sticking to 1/72 throughout?

1/72 is just coincidence 🤔... due to circumstances I'm going backwards as far as modelling space is concerned. Before I had my own modelling room but now I'm actually modelling in the living room. I actually prefer 1/48 because the wide(r) choice of decals. Good luck with your IRIAF collection. Are you going to post here on BM?