New Arma release to be announced 30/12: 1/72 FM-2 Wildcat!!!

Procopius

4 hours ago, Pat C said:

That was precisely my reaction when I read your comment!!! I gave up when I realised I had no idea how deep in the cowling the resin engine was supposed to be mounted nor any discernible way of mounting the undercarriage in the gear bay. Oh and I managed to glue two lower wing halves together - however, I’m prepared to take the blame for that one!! 

Hmmmm, sounds like now would be a good time to move my Sword FM2 on. :unsure: :D 

Steve

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Hmmmm, sounds like now would be a good time to move my Sword FM2 on. :unsure: :D 

Steve

I thought that too, but I'd be surprised if I got any takers. I was kind of ok with the Sword kit, though call me old fashioned, but I do quite like having locating lugs on my wings and tailplanes. Then I saw the U/C, and the lack of any idea where it all went, and put the thing back in the box. So Arma Hobby are my new best friends at the moment 🙂

Steve

Edited by fightersweep
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks pretty damned good to me!

Separate elevators and rudder are a nice little touch.  Nicely detailed engine, in fact a good level of detail overall.  Bravo Arma!!

• Like 3

Wildcat looks simple gorgeous. From pictures simple best 1/72 what i see... I sold all 1/72 kit, but Hurricane Mk. IIC i must have - and Wildcat may be next... Really nice with details as 1/48 kit.... Great... (BARDZO DOBRE) ! (And this later version of Wildcat in dark coat is very elegant.) 

I must stand up Eduard - in last two years make a complet  new MiG-21 "Fishbed" series (with TWO  subvariants of MF !), Fokker D.VII, Kuňkadlo  (This is impresive small kit -1/72 but in dimensions of 1/144 kit - simple ultra light plane) and in prepare is Z-37 "Čmelák"  - and Eduard make  a 1/48 kits too, not  only 1/72...  And is difference when you make  a only one scale, or you have multi-scale program....

• Like 2

That looks even better than the Hurricane, this company is going from strength to strength.

Ten years back you would never have guessed from these sprue shots this is 1/72, You'd think it's 1/48 or even 1/32.

• Like 6

On 4/21/2020 at 5:42 PM, sroubos said:

Ten years back you would never have guessed from these sprue shots this is 1/72, You'd think it's 1/48 or even 1/32.

Indeed, it's the world we're in. Everything's getting smaller. Except debt and my waist.

• Haha 4

Trying to remember where I got my Hurricane from, pretty sure it was MJW models, I've had nothing but great service from them & their postage rates are pretty good but maybe have to wait for this silliness to pass before normal service resumes. @Mikemx should be able to fill in the gaps hopefully.

Steve.

• Like 1