New Arma release to be announced 30/12: 1/72 FM-2 Wildcat!!!

Procopius

Per the Arma email newsletter: "Stay tuned. On 30 December we will announce new kit! See you on armahbbynews.pl/en/ then!"

The first project for 2020, planned for February-March, is the FM-2 Wildcat carrier-borne aircraft. Three boxes will be released:

70031 FM-2 Wildcat Expert Set
70032 Wildcat Mk VI Model Kit
70033 FM-2 Wildcat Model Kit
 In the Arma Hobby store, you will find them in the “coming soon” section and the Wildcat category. More about the content of models, variants of markings will be given soon. The project will continue in some time into the F4F-4 Wildcat version.

The next design of the model is planned for May-June 2020 and will be presented at a later date.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

In an earlier Email; Arma said it would be their first two sprues kit - so probably a large single engine or small twin engine aircraft - let the speculations begin:

If they go for Polish Airforce 1940 - the PZL 38 Wilk or its devlopment the PZL 48 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PZL.38_Wilk

If they go for a large single engine - Po-2 in its many variants.

If they want to compete with Airfix/Az - MiG-17 or MiG-19.

If they want to surprise us - Shcherbakov Shche-2 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shcherbakov_Shche-2

For further ideas: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retired_aircraft_of_the_Polish_Air_Force

Edited by LN-KEH
adding
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LN-KEH said:

In an earlier Email; Arma said it would be their first two sprues kit - so probably a large single engine or small twin engine aircraft - let the speculations begin:

Fairey Battle would be great.

• Like 7

I'll go along with the Battle too, 4 Sqns used them in the RAF and it's consistent with their ethos, modelling subjects with a polish link.

A Battle to the standard of their Hurricanes and Yak-1b would sell well.

Edited by Wez
  • Like 5

On 12/24/2019 at 7:26 AM, LN-KEH said:

If they want to surprise us - Shcherbakov Shche-2 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shcherbakov_Shche-2

I hope it is NOT the Shche-2. I have it from Broplan (vacu) very close to the top of stash, i would lost all sexappeal if a Arma new kit will come! ;) Ok, I know this is selfish, but I do not expect a large market for Shche 2 worldwide and only small in Poland and neighbouring countries so I do not expect in fact this particular type in range of Arma soon. Of course I am not in their heads...

I think that they likely think to do next Hurricanes - the 2a, 2b variants (maybe also SeaHurri), likely also YAk-1 (not "b").  With so good reception of both Hurricanes and Yak-1b the next hit in those directions would be very reasonable and fruitfull for company.

But since they announced that it will be something bigger I do hope that it will be Fairey Battle. It was very important for Polish forces in UK.  At the begining, in 1940, both bomber Polish RAF squadons 300 and 301 were equipped with them and the kit is also very longing by many modellers in UK, Canada, Australia and NZ and this is a big market worldwide. So I think, that if the managers of Arma want to have another best seller both worldwide and in local market in Poland it should be Battle!

From point of view of impartance to Polish WWII history Mustang and France 1940 types (Morane 406, Caudron 714, Bloch 152, Potez 63-11, Curtiss 75) are for sure in field of interest of Arma managers but since those type are well repreented in range of Czech builds I do not expect them very soon. Similar with Soviet machines in Polish Airforces (of People Republic) at the and of WWII and begining of cold war (Tu-2, Pe-2, Po-2, Il-2, Il-10) - there are more or less new Ukrainian, Czech or Russian kits of them. So the market is already have shared but still you can conquest it by quality (like in case of Hurri or Yak).

The another story is if the machine would be something important to Polish aviation in interwar period. Since right now the excellent models of Potez XXV variants appeared from Azur-Frrom (including announced Polish late variant  with aerodynamic modified front and Jupiter engine) - the most probable ibject in my oppinion is Breguet XIX. This also looks like a both: worldwide (maybe more France and Central Europe as well as Japan, less in UK, Canada, Australia and States) and Polish market interesting subject.

Lests wait a weak to confirm those hypothesiss...

Regards

J-W

4 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

I think that at this point, Arma has earned so much good will that I'll be buying a couple no matter the subject.

Ditto! Two is my Arma kit minimum buy.

• Like 3