Italeri Me 321 colours from instructions

ElectroSoldier

Hey guys.
I was hoping somebody could help me. What Im really looking for is a complete modern copy of the instructions that come with the Italeri 321 glider version of the Gigant.

I have a rather tatty copy but the colour call out is all of 4 colours, they didnt have the colours back in the 70s...

I would really like a complete scan so as to know what parts are what colours and particually the interior as I intend to go to town on it with some troops and equipment...

Incidentally does anybody know what gun s, bikes equipment could be carried by it, I wouldnt mind a nice mix as it will keep me tied up for the next 6 months 🙂

50 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

I have a rather tatty copy but the colour call out is all of 4 colours, they didnt have the colours back in the 70s...

they did, (eg Humbrol Authentics) but probably not on Italeri instructions then.

I'd be very surprised if the answer is not, Uppers, splinter pattern of the standard bomber colours, RLM 70  Blackgreen / 71dark green, . underside RLM 65 light blue, insides RLM 02 Gray,  the cockpit could be RLM  66 black grey.   equipment boxes either black or 02. 

eg

10548533t.jpg

If you look on on the Italeri site, they may well have instructions, or Scale mates as well.  

I just stuck 'Me 321 Gigant' into google, if these are not colourised, looks like the inside of the doors was camouflage colours as we..

3d9310c256aa40c10006ecff4cd50e98.jpg

15c20a79287d3ad155ae8a61f989479d.jpg

this short film came up, which has loading of various equipment. 

For instructions, which are not the greatest quality, look here..  There really isn't a lot of pics period of the 321, let alone good quality ones, but from what I have and can find in the book I have, I'm of the opinion that the doors were either over painted in something like RLM 02, maybe RLM 66, or as Troy says, the camo color. for the rest of the interior I strongly suspect RLM 02 frames with the covering in red dope. the interior of the side door is a light color such as RLM 02. the cockpit was most probably RLM 02.

Me321-B-cockpit.png

Me321-01.jpg

Me321-02.jpg

Me321-03a.jpg

Me321-04a.jpg

Me321-05a.jpg

Me321-06a.jpg

:cheers:

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Thanks dogsbody thats great. It seems even on the later kits there isnt a call out for the interior colours.
I had guessed a canvas colour or similar if not then just something like RLM 02.

I searched google myself and came up with those above as part of my research into the plane to make it 🙂

The kit is the original kit, with the original instructions, its been in the stash all these years since I bought it.

Thanks for the effort though guys

1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Thanks dogsbody thats great. It seems even on the later kits there isnt a call out for the interior colours.
I had guessed a canvas colour or similar if not then just something like RLM 02.

I searched google myself and came up with those above as part of my research into the plane to make it 🙂

The kit is the original kit, with the original instructions, its been in the stash all these years since I bought it.

Thanks for the effort though guys

I've had these two in my stash since about 1982.

49271287142_959fe0dbea_b.jpg

Chris