Heller 1/48 Mirage 2000C

Hi all I am not a modeller like the talented folks on this forum,I am a kit basher.I dont own an airbrush or indeed want to use one.I build for fun and I build anything and everything regardless how accurate it is or isnt.Normally I would not post my builds,I am  even reluctant to take them to the club I go to as I am by far the worst modeller at the meeting,but my wife liked my latest attempt at playing with plastic and coerced me to do it.The model was painted with Tamiya acrylics with a large flat brush and was very enjoyable to build.

mohawk

mirage-1.jpg

mirage-2.jpg

• Like 19

Well done to you (and Mrs Mohawk) for taking the first reveal steps on here. It took me many years to show one of my first completed builds as I always thought that my models were not up to scratch. My son thought otherwise so kept on badgering me until I did the same. There is always a starting point and the aim is to be happy with your effort and try to make the next one better. It doesn’t happen overnight, however posting your progress on a happy site like Britmodeller will do you wonders and make you enjoy the hobby even more. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 3

Well done.

You're a modeller after my own heart. I make kits OOB (only using alternative decals if the originals are stuffed - which has produced some interesting whiffers), and I have an aversion to airbrushes.

Happy modelling! 🙂

• Like 2

Nice build, maybe you find your own result not up to standard bit you did have fun and finished it...

That is my pitfall sometimes, starting a kit to never finish it 😩 but i also have fun in doing so😂

Keep posting your  results as i like it..

cheers, Jan

• Like 2

Great show and congrats for this positive exhibitionist step!!!

The more you display your builds or your work in progress, the more you will get feedback from like-minded people who will tell you what you have done right , and done wrong.

The  latter is possibly more important than the former, as it is how you learn!

I love your Mirage, but more than one photo, not taken that far away, would be much nicer!

Well done.

JR

• Like 1

I was the same when I joined but soon realised it is good to show what you make and the people don't bite.Now a couple of years and several builds later I still build oob and paint with the hairy stick and probably won't change.The key is enjoy what you like doing.

• Like 2

On 23/12/2019 at 23:29, Mohawk said:

I am by far the worst modeller at the meeting

Oy mush - stop that now! You know all of us just do this for fun (at least now Robin has disappeared....!!) and there's nowt wrong with your builds. And at least you finish stuff, unlike some I could mention... :whistle:

And that's a very pretty M2K (and it's got a driver too!) Still don't know how you can brush paint Tamy acrylics so nicely!

See you soon

Keith

• Like 2

Thank you one and all for the kind comments,my next attempt is Hellers 1/72 Lockheed EC-121 Warning Star,its a big old beastie.I will need to get some extra pots of paint and a bigger brush.:lol:

mohawk

heller.jpg

Edited by Mohawk
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Mohawk said:

I may finish more than most but they are not as good as most either.

You're asking for a slap (I'll get Clive to do it cos you're bigger than me!) - there's always someone who's builds are 'better' than ours, it doesn't matter, and there's nothing wrong with yours and you actually enjoy them - something that's really not happening for me with my next comp. build, as the thing has loads of resin and p.e.! I actually said to myself yesterday when something else went wrong with it, that from now on I'm going to be more like Ken and just build oob & enjoy building stuff for a change!! :)

K

As you know Keith resin and p.e are not good for me:rant:but even I am struggling to complete somthing for this comp,despite numerous attempts.:wall:

mohawk

On 27/12/2019 at 09:09, keefr22 said:

You're asking for a slap (I'll get Clive to do it cos you're bigger than me!) - there's always someone who's builds are 'better' than ours, it doesn't matter, and there's nothing wrong with yours and you actually enjoy them - something that's really not happening for me with my next comp. build, as the thing has loads of resin and p.e.! I actually said to myself yesterday when something else went wrong with it, that from now on I'm going to be more like Ken and just build oob & enjoy building stuff for a change!! :)

K

• Like 1