*done* Cushman Model 39 Package Car - more than just a Scooter!

vppelt68

I attempt to build the centerpiece of this Airfix mega-set, which is probably the largest model kit/set I've ever bought (at 45 GBP, a bargain imo)

1025470-13157-91-720.jpg

The Cushman Scooter can be seen, if looked very closely, at center left, between the bomb and  fuel trucks!

Now, I wish everyone here at Britmodeller and reading this one, Merry Christmas! May Santa bring us a lot or rattling presents! V-P

• Like 6

I hope that Dad's Army Rule applies to grown up kids spending Christmas at their childhood home with us? Our daughter with her LOVELY 8 months old tabby cat and our son on leave from Ilmavoimat - actually between assignments after finishing his technical nco course at the Academy and now transferring to a fighter squadron next sunday - severely limit my modelling time. But here I go anyway:

2019-12-27_11-21-21

Friday 23.21: There are ten parts for the package car hidden in these two sprues, plus one pair of headlights in the clear sprue (no pic of that here). Also a page of instructions!

2019-12-27_11-39-10

Friday 23.40: All the parts have been removed from the sprues, except the three wheels which are partially painted black still attached to their sprue from one point each. The headlight piece can be seen at upper right of the parts. It will be fitted between the package compartment parts.

2019-12-27_11-46-50

Friday 23.48: All the assembly, except the wheels, is done. The almost complete package car rests on top of that Tamiya ET bottle. Painting instructions can be seen on top of the page below. I think I'll wrap this up for today and get some sleep. If she let's me have it:

IMG-20191206-WA0000

Best regards, V-P

• Like 6

6 hours ago, dogsbody said:

You have Coleman's Dry Mustard in Finland, too? Who knew?

Chris

The Finnish Christmas meal is The Christmas Ham, joulukinkku It's served with mustard, cottage cheese and rye bread. I make my own Christmas mustard and I've used Colman's as long as I can remember making it, 25+ years maybe?

Unfortunately Flickr, my phone or both played tricks with me this morning, so you missed the hamsandwich pics and a few build pics. Now they're working in close harmony again.

2019-12-28_10-17-51

Saturday 10.18: Within the first 12 hour period, the little one is finished except the decals and painting of the taillight. I used Hu 155, 72, 32 and 33 so far.

2019-12-28_10-20-02

Here's a pic of it with a regular Humbrol 14ml tin for reference! V-P

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

The Finnish Christmas meal is The Christmas Ham, joulukinkku It's served with mustard, cottage cheese and rye bread. I make my own Christmas mustard and I've used Colman's as long as I can remember making it, 25+ years maybe?

Unfortunately Flickr, my phone or both played tricks with me this morning, so you missed the hamsandwich pics and a few build pics. Now they're working in close harmony again.

As my wife hates turkey, we have always had roast chicken for Christmas. She doesn't really care for chicken either, so this year, by unanimous vote from our 3 daughters, we had pork ribs that are baked, then slow cooked in my wife's grandmother's secret sweet & sour sauce. It was a Merry Ribmas for all!

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two more pics in the Gallery. Thanks Enzo M and all the other Britmodeller Group Builders for yet another great year! Best regards, V-P

2019-12-29_04-16-41

P.S. I forgot this: since the last build pics (seen above) the model got its bright red taillight and six (6!) decals, as can be seen at the Gallery.

• Like 1

For a second in the gallery I thought you had built the B-17! Nice scooter - there were plenty of electric wheeled things with squealing children attached in the park yesterday when we went for our walk, but none in olive drab...

Regards,

Adrian

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

For a second in the gallery I thought you had built the B-17...

Regards,

Adrian

Oh, if I gave someone that impression, I can assure you that it was unintentional :innocent: what, you don't believe me - better not! :wicked:

The sight of that B17 kit box took me straight back to the B17 Group Build at the start of the year. Happy memories.

It's good to see the little scooter make an appearance here, and a very fitting way of finishing the year off as well. You have made a fine looking model that should sit well next to your B17

Tony.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TonyW said:

The sight of that B17 kit box took me straight back to the B17 Group Build at the start of the year. Happy memories.

It's good to see the little scooter make an appearance here, and a very fitting way of finishing the year off as well. You have made a fine looking model that should sit well next to your B17

Tony.

What a Group Build that was indeed! Now let's make the Lancaster GB another great one in 2020!