Vintage single-decker bus dimensions wanted

bootneck

I'm looking for plans and/or dimensions for a single-decker bus which served Elmdon (Birmingham) Airport in the 1950's and 60's.  The image below is the bus and the nearest shape I've seen on photo's is a Crosville, although that does not mean this is one of those.

spacer.png

The bus is the one on the right of the two.

spacer.png

Any help with this would be gratefully appreciated.

cheers

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viking said:

Not plans, or cheap, but these guys do some useful kits in N gauge Mike.

There is also the ready made items from Oxford diecast, much cheaper, like the BEA bus.

or the BOAC Commer Commando.

HTH

John

Thanks John, I've checked that site but they don't have the type of bus I'm looking for in their list; however, I shall keep the link as they do have other interesting stuff.  I would really like to have a go at scratchbuilding the bus, if I can get enough data together to make a start.

cheers,

Mike

Thanks for that link Anthony.  It took me a while but I found the actual bus that I was looking for and have placed an order for the plan. :clap2:

Merry Christmas to all, and thank you again everyone for your contributions.

Mike

• Like 1

Thanks for the photo Rich, where are those vehicles held?  Any chance of getting a broadside view of the entrance, how the steps and door are laid out?  I can imagine that will be the area of most concern when cutting and shaping the plastic.

cheers,

Mike :xmasparty:

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2019 at 10:54, wamwig said:

You may find a suitable plan among this list http://www.terryblois-busdrawings.co.uk/

Just a quick follow up on this,  I received the plan and it is just what I'm looking for.  Thanks again for the link Anthony.

Mike

If I could afford it then I would have bought it, just to use as a template for scaling down, but those kits tend to be out of my budget range.

cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bootneck said:

If I could afford it then I would have bought it, just to use as a template for scaling down, but those kits tend to be out of my budget range.

cheers,

Mike

It’s £45 for the kit, £5 for the BCT decal set and £4.50 postage.

It’s the first time I’ve ordered off this company so looking forward to getting my hands on it