H builds Mrs H’s Wild card. Dads Army build. FINISHED

I will be building whatever Mrs H has chosen for me. I won’t find out till Saturday, and will probably be built in the usual 2x12 hr stints. 

TTFN

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 2

After being heavily criticised by Frazer for wasting everybody's time with useless lectures Mainwaring talks to the platoon:

Mainwaring: "I get the impression that there is in the ranks a certain dissatisfaction with my methods of command."
Jones: "Permission to speak! I'd like to make a statement, Sir! I see it this way: an officer is an officer, a sergeant is a sergeant, a lance corporal is a lance corporal and a private is a private."
Mainwaring: "Yes?"
Jones: "No, that's all there is, Sir..."
Mainwaring: "What's that got to do with it?"
Jones: "It hasn't got anything to do with it, Sir, but I just thought I ought to say it, Sir."

After an hour, this is where it’s at,

All the internals are painted, and will be left to dry over night before weathering and the fuse goes together. 

• Like 5

Cpt. Mainwaring:
What's that supposed to be?

Pvt. Pike:
You said if we hadn't got anything else, tie a carving knife to a broomstick.

Cpt. Mainwaring:
I didn't mean that you were to leave the broom at the end of the handle you stupid boy.

Day 2, after a hearty breakfast of Coffee and Mince pies it’s time to start. Be the time I remembered to take a pic of breakfast there was only crumbs left. 

• Like 1

“You stupid boy” 

The words of Cpt Mainwaring haunt me

As you can see, the fuse is glued tight & the radiator has been left out. 

It reminds me of when I was a car mechanic and finding a left over bit once the engine was rebuilt. At least I know where this bit should have gone. 

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Haha 5

German U-boat Captain: I am making notes, Captain, and your name will go on the list; and when we win the war you will be brought to account.

Captain Mainwaring: You can write what you like, You’re not going to win the war!

U-boat Captain: Oh yes we are.

Mainwaring: Oh no you’re not.

U-boat Captain’: Oh yes we are!

Pvt. Pike: [Singing] Whistle while you work, Hitler is a twerp, he’s half-barmy, so’s his army, whistle while you work!

U-boat Captain:’ Your name will also go on the list! What is it?

Mainwaring: Don’t tell him Pike!

U-boat Captain: Pike!

Ready for some paint

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A great start H. I attempted a couple in last years Airfix dedicated kit GB, I finished one but failed with the second (what's new :lol:), and I am ashamed to say that over 12 months later it still sits in a semi-finished state. Looks like you are heading for another Blitzbuild success though.  :thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

A great start H. I attempted a couple in last years Airfix dedicated kit GB, I finished one but failed with the second (what's new :lol:), and I am ashamed to say that over 12 months later it still sits in a semi-finished state. Looks like you are heading for another Blitzbuild success though.  :thumbsup:

We need to see how the Humbrol blue dries. It’s taken most of the day for the first coat on the spinner to dry, the second coat has just gone on now and the first on the fuse. 

I will pre warn Mrs H that I may need her hair dryer. 

9D02AC65-EED1-47FD-90EC-4DCC2504E982

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Is that humbrol blue brush painted? Great look

i ask as I’m doing cookie over on the P51 and been holding off in case it ruins it

Yep, brush painted Humbrol 14. I have had the tins since sometime in the 80s. When I opened it, the smell took me straight back     

• Like 1

“Would you mind awfully, just falling in for inspection, thank you, thank you so much”

Calling this done. Will get some more pics for the gallery. 

It’s  a good job the dads army option was available as the blue would never have dried in time. 

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 7