Corsair Mk II FAA "P54" Revell 1:72

Hello!

I start to build characteristic model of Corsair. I found one photo and advanced workshop on polish forum. I try to make some of that.

Revell's model is quite detailed, but parts are not very good mismatched. Model is used to try make advanced weathering.

I place some photos below.

I finished at painting camouflage and preapring to make dirt, oil and surface scratch.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 23

19 minutes ago, Dave Swindell said:

Very nice job on the paintwork, but a pity you didn't pick up on the engine cooling gills and the rear fuselage vents.

Thank You for all good words. This model is for weathering training. To take bigger care about details I will use another, better model i.e. tamiya.

I found few mistakes in this model. First - cooling flaps are too long, flaps have different shape in comparing to drawings, and there are missing fabric grooving on the wing ends. Also I had a little trouble with matching cowling at the top of fuselage and engine.

Anyway, model is quite good, much better than old heller's/smer corsair.

• Like 3

Continue with chipping. Beetwen first and second layer of camouflage, I covered surface with MIG chipping fluid. Next I put some water on surface and rub with brush. It makes quite good effect. In some places I used brush moistened in Vallejo thinner, which react gently with gunze paint.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

I made next steps with corsair.

I made "sidewalk" on the wings and scratch it. Next, I made some dirt using oil paints for artists and prepare template for roundels on fuselage and wings and at this moment I was pleased with effects.

At next step I used salt technique and it made a disaster. I'm not happy with dots, spots and stains on the fuselage. I will try to paint it and make effect again.

Also, I have to make new template for markings, because it is very distorted now.

If you have some ideas to help, describe that please.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Sebastian Lachowicz
  • Like 7

Given how well this project is going and your obvious skill I'm sure cutting a new set of masks for the P54 marking will not be a problem for you :goodjob:

Almost finished. There are some mistakes. The propeller is incorrect, becauseI used F4U-1D model to make Corsair MkII- F4U-1A. There are some unplanned dirt and I haven't ideas for undersurface. Also I show You my firs Corsair which I made two years ago. :)spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6