What a kit!

Rough does not some it up.

Thick plastic.

Loads of moulding defects.

Poor fit.

A lot of filler and sanding required.

Very grainy surface.

Absolute;y loved building it ! :) :) 

It was almost like making an early resin kit, with lots of surface imperfections and a lot of part preparation.

I don't know why I went for an airliner, not usually my thing, but a change is a good as a rest.

brit1.jpg

brit2.jpg

brit3.jpg

brit4.jpg

brit5.jpg

brit6.jpg

brit7.jpg

brit8.jpg

brit9.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Angelo.

• Like 73

That looks fantastic!

33 minutes ago, HL-10 said:

What a kit!

Rough does not some it up.

Thick plastic.

Loads of moulding defects.

Poor fit.

A lot of filler and sanding required.

Very grainy surface.

It was almost like making an early resin kit, with lots of surface imperfections and a lot of part preparation.

Now that you have listed the pro's what are the cons?

• Haha 4

Finally get to see one up close in good pictures. Looks like you made a silk purse out of her. Eventually I'll get a couple. I guess the Mach2 kit could use a few improvements, along with all the elbow grease you mentioned.

• Like 1

That, sir, is a remarkably beautiful replica, much more so because the starting point is as poor as it gets regarding kits.

You have done a superb job and no doubt much time, energy and skill went into it.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

My hat goes off to you, and if airliners, as you declared, are not your thing, they should be, more frequently.

Excellent model of a nostalgia plane.

Cheers

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Toe said:

Great stuff, I've thought on getting one to replace my AIM vac-form, from what you've said maybe the Mach 2 version is similar to build as a vac form is 🤣

I think you mean the Airways vac form Britannia, which is a pretty good kit, and probably easier to make in the end than the Mach2, but good to see one made up 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, AMB said:

Looks like MACH2 made the 'classic BOAC error' with the decals, assuming the cheatlines pinstripes were 'metallic gold', whereas they should be 'golden yellow'. 

No, they didn't make a mistake because no decals were provided for and of the stripes or cheat lines.

They were all masked and painted by me and I used gold as it stands out clearer than the golden yellow.

• Like 1

Hand painted lines?  Up until now I thought those to be transfers, for me to think that your painting skills are superb, you have nerves of steel.  I concur with what everyone on here has said, Mach2 do not make easy kits, you, have proved the opposite...…….only thing is  -  that making it look so easy and perfect many modellers will be flocking to buy them(thinking its an easy kit)Lets hope they get built and don't end up at the bottom of the stash...…….well done

:mike:

• Like 1

Bravo!!

Lovely to see one built. Particular kudos on a great job of the metal finish - not at all easy to achieve after the amount of industrial sanding these need! 

Fancy a VC-10 next? 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangseat said:

Fancy a VC-10 next? 😉

I've got their Argosy but after looking at Adey M's superb build, I don't know if I'm going to give it a go any time soon!

Thanks everyone, I greatly appreciate all you comments and compliments.

It wasn't an easy build but it was enjoyable (am I a masochist?) 

Thanks,

Angelo :)