Regarding the Eduard MiG-21 1/72

RAGATIGER

Hi there

Well let me say that even I been keeping myself to the new Eduard MiG-21 in 1/72 scale, at least I understood one simple thing both the Interceptor and the Fighter Bomber version include the same weapons sprue, really interesting for one simple guy returning to active modeling (so helps to fulfill some more models the ones once forgotten or started at the stash)

So here my question which kit I have to look for as my intention is to do an Egyptian or Syrian aircraft???

Best modeling

Armando

Hello Armando

As far as I know, Egypt never had any MiG-21 bis aircraft, the latest model in their inventory was MiG-21 MF. Syrian aircraft had been bought second-hand from DDR and belonged to MiG-21 bis fishbed-L (izdeliye 75A) variant. This version had been produced in Gorky plant only, and these machines lacked oval panels on the top of the wings. IIRC, this topic had already been discussed on BM, although I think the question was about MF variant. Cheers

Jure

P.S.: Take a look at this thread:

Edited by Jure Miljevic
P.S. added

Hello all, 

Perfect, this is exactly the question I had : how to chosse between Eduard Mig-21MF subversions if I wanted to build Middle East or African aircraft.

Next will be for an SM.

Thank you for the link.

Eric B. 

Edited by Eric B.

8 hours ago, Eric B. said:

Hello all, 

Perfect, this is exactly the question I had : how to chosse between Eduard Mig-21MF subversions if I wanted to build Middle East or African aircraft.

Next will be for an SM.

Thank you for the link.

Eric B. 

Hi Eric

I'm pretty impress with Eduard MiG-21MF  and it look that only you got my question right; I also never mention any time frame but maybe it's better to say late 60's early 70's which one to choose the interceptor or the fighter bomber (for Arab no matter if Egyptian or Syrian or Irakian sample)

Best modeling 

Armando

On 22/12/2019 at 14:21, Jure Miljevic said:

Hello Armando

As far as I know, Egypt never had any MiG-21 bis aircraft, the latest model in their inventory was MiG-21 MF. Syrian aircraft had been bought second-hand from DDR and belonged to MiG-21 bis fishbed-L (izdeliye 75A) variant. This version had been produced in Gorky plant only, and these machines lacked oval panels on the top of the wings. IIRC, this topic had already been discussed on BM, although I think the question was about MF variant. Cheers

Jure

P.S.: Take a look at this thread:

Even though Syria allegedly flew the bis version it did never receive the from the GDR. The GDR delivered 12 MiG-21M in 1973 to Syria which from the outside are identical to the MF except for the missing rear view mirror on the canopy.

@ Eric: On the Eduard homepage you can download the PDF instructions for both kits whihlch also show the decal options. You will notice that Egypt received the Moscow export planes.

Cheers

Michael

Edited by Scout712