Tamiya

cocky05d

1 hour ago, cocky05d said:

Just spotted some Tamiya ,seatbelt and IP online ,under the 1/48  LOOK label .

AFAIK the Look label is done by Eduard.

https://www.eduard.com/index.php?stoken=42E4DF43&lang=1&currency=0&cl=search&listorderby=oxarticles.oxactivefrom&listorder=desc&sendSearchForm=1&searchparam=look

How come none of you told me about them ?

As for not telling you about it,  well, there are plenty of places to get an idea what aftermarket is out there,  Scalemates, Hannants are two I'd try, as well as what others use if you're concerned 

Trying to keep them all for yourselves ? For shame .

Since this is hardly unknown, and I don't recall you starting a thread asking about aftermarket options,  I hope this is humour.

I'm going to moan,  this is a very badly titled thread, which I'm puzzled as to what you are saying? .   "Tamiya"  and the basic point is wrong, it's Eduard aftermarket, not Tamiya.    Does not even deal with a specific Tamiya kit.  If you use the 'edit facilty' you can retitle the thread BTW.

Re the Look sets,  In this case I think Eduard have been picking up ideas from Yahu,  if you want another pointer.   

https://www.hannants.co.uk/manufacturer/yahu-models/products?per_page=25&sort=catalogue&product_category_id=102&search_direction=desc

As an aside, has anyone noticed that Eduard sets are now really pricey, as they split detail sets up, I have a load of the older sets, and these were really well thought out, especially the older zoom sets, with a etch IP,  belts and some fine detail well suited to the limitations of PE, and not flippin prepainted the wrong colour.

Also, they churn out sets for kits that, well, are badly flawed, lie all the Trumpeter and Hibby Boss kits which they are infamous for.

They don't even do simple corrections, I just got an Airfix Sea Fury, via ebay, with 5 Eduard sets, cheap.  while doing some research,  it was mentioned in a Barracuda resin cockpit, that the side consoles are too narrow,  Eduard just make then to fit, rather than adding a wider panel, which would have been possible...

That would be worth a thread on it's own, AM sets that dont actually correct existing problems, but make them pretty....

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Julien locked this topic