Hasegawa 1/48 F-104C Starfighter USAF

Very well done, George 72!

A Starfighter is allways nice and this scheme fits well.!

I am building the new Kinetic model and I will finish in natural metal, too but in early belgian colors. Looks nice, too. 

Try the Kinetic model, next, you wont regret ! It is a level higher in detail and there is less rivets.

Congratulations. 

Have a nice day. 

Lolo 

On 12/20/2019 at 12:29 AM, George72 said:

Thank you! That's true about the rivets. Unfortunately, I've only discovered that they're not supposed to be there after painting and with decals on. If I only had read about this 2 days earlier, I would have them filled. Next time, then!!

How it this correction set for the wings? 

Thank you!

The DACO correction set is superb and the relevant components fit like a glove with the Hasegawa 'donor' kit. The Hasegawa fuselage is largely retained with new mainplanes, tailplane and a host of other bits and pieces included in the improvement set, together with the most comprehensive weapons/stores set you would need for the F-104. I am not sure the photo really shows off the wings that well but the rivets are very finely rendered. If you have access to the new Kinetic kit you will find that the wing sets are broadly similar since Kinetic were responsible for producing the plastic components in the DACO set.

fullsizeoutput_114b

7 hours ago, loloskymaster said:

I am building the new Kinetic model and I will finish in natural metal, too but in early belgian colors. Looks nice, too. 

Try the Kinetic model, next, you wont regret ! It is a level higher in detail and there is less rivets.

Congratulations. 

Have a nice day. 

Lolo 

Thank you! I'll surely try the Kinetic...

47 minutes ago, KillerMig said:

Looks really great a model, as is the real aircraft itself. One of the most beautiful flying machines, imho... Good job indeed.

Thank you!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

The DACO correction set is superb and the relevant components fit like a glove with the Hasegawa 'donor' kit. The Hasegawa fuselage is largely retained with new mainplanes, tailplane and a host of other bits and pieces included in the improvement set, together with the most comprehensive weapons/stores set you would need for the F-104. I am not sure the photo really shows off the wings that well but the rivets are very finely rendered. If you have access to the new Kinetic kit you will find that the wing sets are broadly similar since Kinetic were responsible for producing the plastic components in the DACO set.

fullsizeoutput_114b

Ok, after your post I've searched and found their site. It's really something to have for futures 104. Thank you!

7 hours ago, loloskymaster said:

Congratulations. 

Have a nice day. 

Lolo 

Thank you! I'll surely do the kinetic soon. 104's are something else!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What a beautiful model. I have the kit and will be working on it ... once I get the Monogram B-29 being built in Silverplate configuration done.  😀