1/72 - Lavochkin La-5 by Clearprop Models - "early" & "late" released

Homebee

3 hours ago, gioca said:

spacer.png this kit seems wonderful, simply wonderful. I'm buying several ... the only area not so convincing at the moment ad from the poor image I have is the propeller blade tip. The render is ok, while the plastic seems to be of different shape, a kind of paddle not so closed to the real shape, while the 3D render was. Is it only my impression ? A distorsion on the sprue img ? thanks and Bravi ! Bravi bravi.

Ciao

Giovanni 

I see what you mean, the blades shape looks quite strange. Hopefully this will be fixed.

Does this help? These are (IIRC) from scalemodels.ru:

Prop-blades-2.jpg

Prop-blades-1.jpg

Yes, the kit's prop blades do look slightly "off", but easily corrected, I think, assuming it's not just a bad photo.

John

Edited by John Thompson
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

Does this help? These are (IIRC) from scalemodels.ru:

Yes, the kit's prop blades do look slightly "off", but easily corrected, I think, assuming it's not just a bad photo.

John

If you compare it to the plastic, you can see the plastic looks fatter towards the tip end. But it also seems to have some lines running along the leading and trailing edges, like it's not molded correctly, so I'm guessing it's a molding fault that will be fixed.

49456266913_2ca801d90e_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Despite the necessity of precautions related to the COVID-19 pandemic and their effect on working conditions, word from CP is that the La-5 is still on track to be available by March month end!

John

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Сергей Гепенко said:

Thank you, Sergey - very interesting! The level of detail on the parts looks excellent, although the sprue attachment points seem rather thick. I've got two of these in transit from Ukraine; I'm really looking forward to having them in my hands.

John

Edited by John Thompson
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Challenging to get to the photo page, or I found it to be, anyway - if the link below doesn't work, try copy-and-pasting the URL into your browser's address bar, since forums don't seem to like embedding of direct links to Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ChmellScaleModels/photos/?ref=page_internal

The collection of photos is quite amazing - thank you, Tbolt!

John

Edited by John Thompson
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, John Thompson said:

Challenging to get to the photo page, or I found it to be, anyway - if the link below doesn't work, try copy-and-pasting the URL into your browser's address bar, since forums don't seem to like embedding of direct links to Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ChmellScaleModels/photos/?ref=page_internal

The collection of photos is quite amazing - thank you, Tbolt!

John

Yes sorry I should have put the link as well, but if you click on the Facebook symbol in the image link I posted it should take you straight there.

9 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

Yes sorry I should have put the link as well, but if you click on the Facebook symbol in the image link I posted it should take you straight there.

For those who do accept Facebook it should be really easy ...

Cheers

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Oh come on!!! Even though it's kind of a no-brainer (with some minor rework and a replacement canopy, the parts are already in the "early" box), I thought CP said they weren't going to do another Lavochkin until the LaGG-3 they promised for late this year. I went ahead and converted the early version to a late one already! And I ordered another one! Arrrrgh! &@#$$*&!!!?!

John

1 hour ago, John Thompson said:

Oh come on!!! Even though it's kind of a no-brainer (with some minor rework and a replacement canopy, the parts are already in the "early" box), I thought CP said they weren't going to do another Lavochkin until the LaGG-3 they promised for late this year. I went ahead and converted the early version to a late one already! And I ordered another one! Arrrrgh! &@#$$*&!!!?!

John

Did they say they weren't going to do another Lavochkin or another La-5 version? Maybe something was lost in translation.

Or maybe I just hallucinated the whole thing - inhaling too much glue vapour. Well, the conversion isn't that difficult, so maybe I'll just convert a couple more, since there are so few markings options for the so-called early version. I checked my order with CP for La-5 early kit #3, but it was already shipped, so no chance of making a switch. Maybe if I ask nicely, they'll give me a couple of the late canopies... Are they going to start cranking out the rest of the La-5 family to compete with KP now? La-5F and La-5FN in the works? VVS modelbuilders go for years, decades, even, without a hope of a new kit, then suddenly the floodgates open and we're bombarded with Yak-1B's and La-5's. For which I'm very grateful, of course - now, who'll be the first to launch a new 1/72 Yak-9 series?! :thumbsup:

John

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

Or maybe I just hallucinated the whole thing - inhaling too much glue vapour. Well, the conversion isn't that difficult, so maybe I'll just convert a couple more, since there are so few markings options for the so-called early version. I checked my order with CP for La-5 early kit #3, but it was already shipped, so no chance of making a switch. Maybe if I ask nicely, they'll give me a couple of the late canopies... Are they going to start cranking out the rest of the La-5 family to compete with KP now? La-5F and La-5FN in the works? VVS modelbuilders go for years, decades, even, without a hope of a new kit, then suddenly the floodgates open and we're bombarded with Yak-1B's and La-5's. For which I'm very grateful, of course - now, who'll be the first to launch a new 1/72 Yak-9 series?! :thumbsup:

John

Who knows what Clearprop are planning. It is hard to complain when we are getting so many good kits, but we certainly need some good Yak-7's and 9's.

• Like 1

Since this is the Rumourmonger forum, let me add that my sixth sense tells me that eventually we will be blessed with new decal sheets from Begemot, for the La-5/La-5F/La-5FN family, and also for the Yak-1/Yak-1B. You read it here first... (We need a tinfoil-hat emoji)

John

• Like 2

On 6/1/2020 at 8:46 PM, John Thompson said:

For which I'm very grateful, of course - now, who'll be the first to launch a new 1/72 Yak-9 series?! :thumbsup:

John

Modelsvit hinted that they planned  will rescale their Yak-9 from 48  to 72th.

B.R.

Serge

• Like 3