1/72 - Lavochkin La-5 by Clearprop Models - "early" & "late" released

Homebee

Clearprop Models is to release a 1/72nd Lavochkin La-5 early variant kit - ref. CP72014

Sources: 

https://karopka.ru/forum/messages/forum430/topic29736/message1373431/#message1373431

http://scalemodels.ru/news/14489-anons-Clear-Prop-1-72-la-5-rannijj---3D-rendery.html

3D renders

CP72014.png

79938817-2706921202704091-25755719676293

191219062515650031.jpg

191219062515903902.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7

I love it! As VMA131Marine says, this should be awesome if it's like the CP kits that have already been released (and why shouldn't it be?). Seems 2019 was the year of the Yak-1B; looks like 2020 will be the year of the Lavochkins, especially if AZ/KP go ahead with their La-5/-5F/retooled La-5FN. I'll be broke, but happy!

John

• Like 1

Someone mentioned this on FB about a week or so ago with this picture and I though it must of been already mentioned on here, but I guess not. Anyway it's good news and hopefully Wingsy will do a 1/48th scale version.

I have both ClearProp Model of A5M2b. Type 96. They are truly magificent kits. But now it looks like they begin to turn models like Hot Dogs and I just hope they can keep their high standard of both research and production. I hope they don't burn their (beautifull) wings.

On 12/24/2019 at 1:59 PM, Parrahs said:

First the Su-25 and now this? It's almost as if they've been listening in on what aircraft I've been wishing for new 1/72 toolings of.

Excellent! Could you now wish really hard for, say, a 1/72nd Halifax? Thanks 😊

• Like 1

Clear Prop is leaving Eduard and Tamiya in the rear view mirror.  I just received their Sonia and the two Clauses.  I can't believe the detail.  It's insane!!  

As for the LAGG series....I will be buying multiple!!

If it was a P-51B/C series, I would be buying them by the case!!

Mark Copeland

Lakeville, Minnesota

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sroubos said:

Clear Prop is giving us the 72nd scale revolution promised to us by Eduard!

I hope these guys sell kits by the bucket loads. They look great.

I hope so too. Maybe when these kits sell well, other manufacturers will wake up to the sales potential of VVS kits in 1/72. Perhaps by now the market for P-51's, 109's and Spitfires is saturated? Somehow I don't really believe that, but maybe the general modelling public (whoever they are) have got all of those that they want, have become more sophisticated in their tastes, and are ready to blow the market for VVS subjects wide open!!!

John

6 minutes ago, Dmitry Stelmakh said:

This is a photo of test plastic. Forms will be finalized. So the serial plastic will be even better.

Looks beautiful, Dmitry! When will it be possible to purchase the kit?

Thank you!

John

spacer.png this kit seems wonderful, simply wonderful. I'm buying several ... the only area not so convincing at the moment ad from the poor image I have is the propeller blade tip. The render is ok, while the plastic seems to be of different shape, a kind of paddle not so closed to the real shape, while the 3D render was. Is it only my impression ? A distorsion on the sprue img ? thanks and Bravi ! Bravi bravi.

Ciao

Giovanni 

• Like 1