MiniArt 1/35 GAZ-AA cargo truck

Hi all, this is wrapping up the build of MiniArt's GAZ-AA cargo truck. It was my first MiniArt kit and they do live up to the name. The kit has a huge amount of parts for something this size, and is very detailed. The only thing I added were some wires and such on the engine. I enjoyed myself immensely and feel that my skills have improved just by building this kit. The fit of the parts is excellent, but the truck does not exactly fall together, you really have to work it. This has nothing to do with the quality of the parts but rather that there are so much of them 🙂... Also, cleanup takes quite a bit of time because you really have to be careful with these small bits of plastic (and PE). I can certainly recommend the kit to anyone who has a love for this type of trucks. It's well worth the effort. 

You can do 8 different versions, 7 of which are green so I chose the odd one out. The paint for cab and loadbed is Vallejo's Green Ochre, the chassis and running boards are Vallejo Black. German Grey for the tyres. For weathering I only used paint, again Vallejo, gun metal, alu, light grey, orange brown, medium brown and such. All paints applied with brushes.

You can find the build here: 

Anyway here are some pics. I struggled a bit to get some decent ones, it's a bit dark and I need better (brighter) lamps (or just better skills, could be that) so some are better than others. Well, the first one is pretty good but that's thanks to Flickr's photo editor, it didn't work for all of them. 

20200205162958-bb177f33-me.jpg

20200205162957-f8352894-me.jpg

20200205162954-b1169a29-me.jpg

20200205162953-9b11e344-me.jpg 

20200205162955-cbbe4f86-me.jpg

20200205162956-dc314226-me.jpg

20200205162958-18e726a6-me.jpg

20200205162957-d9ce1f3e-me.jpg

20200205162959-bbb79020-me.jpg

Full album here

Thanks for watching!

• Like 27

It's been good following the build (doesn't seem to have taken long to build it) and it certainly looks a very good end result, even better that you enjoyed building it.

Nothing wrong with the photos either - can't see anything to criticise on those,

• Thanks 1

• JeroenS changed the title to MiniArt 1/35 GAZ-AA cargo truck
1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Really nice model Jeroen, cracking job! And it certainly wasn't what I expected when I read the title! I really like your paintwork (and the colour!) and subtle weathering!

Keith

Thanks Keith! The title was missing a bit of information, I fixed it by adding "cargo truck" which comes in handy if you have no idea what "gaz-aa" is 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Very nice little rig. These were copies of the '31ish Ford Model As correct? I have the wheels in 1/25.

Thanks, yes they were Russian licensed Ford AA trucks.

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Brilliant model Jeroen, and the photos are fine. I love these Russian trucks. I have one of Miniart's Gaz AAA in the stash and have built Italeri's Ziz 5V.

Thanks. I can't seem to get enough of these trucks myself. I have MiniArt's L1500s and some more cargo trucks to do 🙂 

• Like 1

Fantastic build I watched the wip thread and it looks like an amazingly detailed kit. Makes me want to try one of the more civil looking kits from Miniart, wish they were 1/24 or 1/25 scale though.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dbostream said:

Makes me want to try one of the more civil looking kits from Miniart, wish they were 1/24 or 1/25 scale though.

Nah, the parts would be way too big, where's the fun in that 😉 

• 1 month later...