Ukrainian Mig-25 1/48

Hello folks,

For my second "ready for inspection" post, here is my 1/48 Kitty Hawk Mig-25 finished in the lovely Ukrainian Air Force deco. All Barracuda resin sets have been used, namely exhausts, corrected nose and wheels, as well as Eduard sets for the intakes and cockpit.

A lot has been said about KH kits and this kit in particular. True it's not an easy one but very rewarding when finished.

Paints from MRP range, decals from the box and Flory models washes as a finish (I just love that stuff!).

Hope you'll enjoy

Phil

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 47

Phil,

I'm somewhat hesitant to post this, given that you have done such a marvelous job with the finish on your Ukrainian MiG-25 but I fear Kittyhawk have made a mistake with the decal placement instructions for this particular jet. The Orange and Black commemorative markings are normally associated with Russian aircraft and I very much doubt (especially in the current political climate) that they would have ever featured in the Post Soviet era after Ukraine had achieved its independence. I've seen photos of the Russian MiG-25s with these markings but not a Ukrainian example although the Kitty Hawk DPIs clearly show one. 

Notwithstanding, you have done a very fine job with this model - I look forward to the day when I start my ICM example although I doubt I will manage to emulate the quality of your model.

Well Done, Sir !

Hi

No offense at all, I’ve always questioned this Russian Cyrillic marking on a Ukrainian aircraft ! You confirm my concern.

Anyway, it will remain as it is!

thanks to all for your kind comments.

Phil

In 146th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment PVO

with St. George ribbon was only 

MiG-25PDS.

MiG-25PDS No carry under fuselage drop tank, because MiG-25PDS it's modification MiG-25P to level MiG-25PD but maked at repair

defense plants (in name letter

"S" - Stroevoi (in drill combat)) therefore, he did not have a fuel pipe from the tank to the pylon inside.

MiG-25PD no was modification MiG-25P it was new building aircraft on aircraft factory, therefore  he had fuel pipe from the tank to the pylon inside and he may carry drop tank. But I do not remember the  any photo of the MiG-25PD with drop tank.

22 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

The Orange and Black commemorative markings are normally associated with Russian aircraft and I very much doubt (especially in the current political climate) that they would have ever featured in the Post Soviet era after Ukraine had achieved its independence.

22 hours ago, phil23 said:

No offense at all, I’ve always questioned this Russian Cyrillic marking on a Ukrainian aircraft !

😁😁

The Orange and Black commemorative markings are normally associated with

St. George ribbon

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribbon_of_Saint_George

😉

From comment on

http://spotters.net.ua/file/?id=23408

"since ALL of this iron has passed through my tech hands too.  All MiG-25PDS and MiG-25PU got to ZARZ from Dnepropetrovsk 933 IAP at the end of 1996.  After Vasilkov received the Mukachevsky MiG-29s in 1993, all 25th from there were transferred to the Dnieper, where they continued to fly with ukrainian insignia  (until April-May 1996).  Guards signs did not begin to wash away, nevertheless a tribute to the glorious past.
 By the way, in the photo above 8c0b298a4aa9.jpg

the stars under the burnt out "tridents" are clearly visible.  There was simply no heat-resistant paint in yellow-blue colors, they drew what they had to, and in a hurry."

But really  no photo this MiG-25PDS 146th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment PVO with St. George ribbon

in service after demolition Soviet Union.

B.R.

Serge