Mitsubishi Ki-51 "Sonia" 1/72 Clear Prop

Hello fellow modellers,

this is my recently finished Clear Prop kit. In past years I somehow ignored the Japanese subjects,  except excellent Tamiya or Model Graphic A6M's, but this year this my third Japanese kit so obviously something has changed:-) Yes, that was the entry of the Clear Prop kits on the market, which quickly jumped in my personal ranking on the top amongst 1/72 manufacturers. The level of details and moulding quality is simply amazing.

This Ki-51 builds nicely and perhaps some of the smallest etched details are redundant, even in the plastic they look sufficient. I tried to model one of the machines operated in China with 6th Hikosentai.

Built out of the box except the canopy masks which I replaced for Dead Design product as those in the kit are rather thick and not very precise - at least something what could be improved. Looking forward now for their next WWII fighter kit!

P.S. A big thanks to Valerij!

Cheers,

Libor

49234406202_f6caecd52a_c.jpg

49233716233_3d83d78421_c.jpg

49233716248_fd7d67d8b8_c.jpg

49233716153_988c7dfcc7_c.jpg

49234406302_ae0957fe6a_c.jpg

49234177761_2345388609_c.jpg

• Like 63

Thanks chaps, it is really brilliant kit. I admit it is pricey, in my region between 20-25 EUR, what is for instance above usual Eduard Profipak kit of this size, but in my opinion the delta is worth the money.

Jason: you will be excited with that new kit, I bet! 😁

Cheers

Libor

Beautiful build as usual Libor. As like you, I seldom build Japanese subjects however I've always planned to build the Ki 51 since the RAAF operated one as a hack.and I've got a Hasegawa (Mania) kit reserved however I'll be keen to try a Clear Prop kit so this will be a good opportunity.

Cheers

Michael

• Thanks 1