1/72 - Grumman F8F Bearcat by HobbyBoss - F8F-1/F1B & F-2 released

Homebee

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, 352nd Fighter Group said:

Homebee is it released ?

Good afternoon 352nd Fighter Group

Not yet , according to the site linked  https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10740735 

it should be released in December they are just tking preorders for the moment ..

Best Regards

Patrice

Now that a F8F-1 in 1/72 that can be built without major modifications has finally become available it would be nice if Starfighter would reissue Part 1 of its Bearcat decal sheets in 1/72. Part 2 seems still to be available on their homepage. However, one of the three Bearcat decal options in Part 2 is identical to the kits decals and another one is for a F8F-1B that would be useful for the next Bearcat that Hobby Boss is going to release.

Edited by 112 Squadron

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Grumman F8F Bearcat by HobbyBoss - F8F-1 released
On 11/26/2020 at 3:07 PM, 112 Squadron said:

Now that a F8F-1 in 1/72 that can be built without major modifications has finally become available it would be nice if Starfighter would reissue Part 1 of its Bearcat decal sheets in 1/72. Part 2 seems still to be available on their homepage. However, one of the three Bearcat decal options in Part 2 is identical to the kits decals and another one is for a F8F-1B that would be useful for the next Bearcat that Hobby Boss is going to release.

the 1/32 and 1/48 renditions by HobbyBoss are not accurate and for a proper and accurate Bearcat a lot of work is needed. We can only hope HobbyBoss had made a different work in this 72scale kit ... I'm not so positive in that.

Edited by gioca

• 5 weeks later...

I'm not really following HobbyBoss's strategy. They released a great series of quick-build kits for very reasonable prices. Then a few years back they came with a similar quick-build release of the P-61 but it had a massive price tag. This Bearcat is also a quick-build but it has the same boxing style as the P-61, so is it going to get the supersized price tag as well? The level of detail on those sprues sure doesn't warrant that.

Edit: It's available at HLJ.com for 18,71 euro. Since it's an import item for them in Japan it could go either from there if you want to know European prices. Can't find any other place that sells it.

Edited by sroubos

1 hour ago, sroubos said:

I'm not really following HobbyBoss's strategy. They released a great series of quick-build kits for very reasonable prices. Then a few years back they came with a similar quick-build release of the P-61 but it had a massive price tag. This Bearcat is also a quick-build but it has the same boxing style as the P-61, so is it going to get the supersized price tag as well? The level of detail on those sprues sure doesn't warrant that.

Edit: It's available at HLJ.com for 18,71 euro. Since it's an import item for them in Japan it could go either from there if you want to know European prices. Can't find any other place that sells it.

Good afternoon sroubos

This shop announces a more reasonnable price at 10,40 euros

https://www.modellbau-koenig.de/Flugzeuge/Flugzeuge-1-72-und-kleiner/Modern-ab-1945/NATO/F8F-1-Bearcat

For an Easy kit I will not pay 18 euros ..

Best Regards

Patrice

@Homebee has now edited sprue shots into his Nov 30 post, Thanks for that. I don't know enough of the aircraft to know whether what they show is accurate or not but I am slightly disappointed in the cockpit, several of their quickbuild aircraft have a hollow in the fuselage top & cockpit going on top of the wing, much better for some detailing in the pit, a shame this one has reverted. That said, it is a small enough cockpit opening in the real deal & not much to see in 1/72 anyway.

Steve.

• 4 months later...