Hello from New Zealand.

RevDWC

Hi folks.

I've recently completed a couple of model aircraft for the first time in around 30 years. Over that time I've started a few car builds but always lost interest along the way.

I decided to give it another bash recently while my wife was in hospital for several weeks. It proved relaxing and enjoyable so I've chosen to carry on and see what happens.

This forum kept popping up when I was looking for reviews, tips, and inspiration so I figured I'd join and get involved. Currently I'm looking at joining the Mustang STGB, the Xmas Blitzenbuild, and the Kits you built as a kid GB.

As seems fairly common with returning builders, I'm trying not to rush and demand perfection. I figure working on 1 or 2 different skills and techniques per build is enough.

All the best, Justin in Tauranga.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RevDWC said:

...while my wife was in hospital for several weeks. It proved relaxing and enjoyable...

Justin, please PayPal $1000 in US dollars within 24 hours, or we'll be sure your wife sees this.

Really though, I hope she's fine now, AND welcome- you've come to the right place.  Please DO join the Mustang Group Build!  Yeah, really hard to balance the desire to make a really nice model with the desire to just actually build a damn model!  The problem is, you have to do the latter to get to the former...

• Haha 5

Hi Justin, welcome. You'll find quite a few Kiwis on here, some even live in NZ, ;) we do get around a bit. Whatever our nationality though, help & advice will come from every corner of the globe, it's that kind of site.

Steve.

12 hours ago, RevDWC said:

Currently I'm looking at joining the Mustang STGB, the Xmas Blitzenbuild, and the Kits you built as a kid GB.

Welcome aboard. Don't try too hard at first - one GB at a time is my suggestion.

while my wife was in hospital for several weeks. It proved relaxing and enjoyable

Hmm.... we won't tell her! Hope she is well.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RevDWC said:

Currently I'm looking at joining the Mustang STGB, the Xmas Blitzenbuild, and the Kits you built as a kid GB.

As seems fairly common with returning builders, I'm trying not to rush and demand perfection. I figure working on 1 or 2 different skills and techniques per build is enough.

Hello Rev... :post1: from Chicago. Group builds are a fun place to build with no pressure. The chat alone is worth hanging out there. You’ve figured out one of the TWO most important things in modeling. The other is to only ever build for yourself. Don't build to what you think others want or you wont be happy. 

Dennis

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 1:31 AM, RevDWC said:

I decided to give it another bash recently while my wife was in hospital for several weeks. It proved relaxing and enjoyable so I've chosen to carry on and see what happens.

Welcome aboard Justin,

Welcome to the forum from across the big pond in the now frozen wasteland of New Mexico. Seems we trade heat waves when our earth leans back and then goes forward.

I do believe we all have been there once or twice in our modelling ventures and have the hmmm what next feeling. Think we will keep this a secret. What happens on Britmodeller stays on Britmodeller, sort of speak.

Wish your wife all the best on a swift and speedy recovery.

Ron VanDerwarker

Welcome to the forum.

Do not try to hide your hobby from SWMBO, it won't work.

I do hope that your better half is on the mend.

I had not seen that there is a Mustang GB and I have one to build, so I am blaming you for me joining the GB when I get in trouble, which I will with SWMBO.

Anyway, :welcome:aboard