1/48 - Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet & EA-18G Growler by HobbyBoss - F/A-18E/F & EA-18G released

Homebee

In 2021 - Hobby Boss is to release a family of 1/48th Super Hornet.

- ref. 85812 - Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet - released - http://www.hobbyboss.com/index.php?g=home&m=product&a=show&id=1607&l=en

- ref. 85813 - Boeing F/A-18F Super Hornet - released -  http://www.hobbyboss.com/index.php?g=home&m=product&a=show&id=1625&l=en

- ref. 85814 - Boeing EA-18G Growler - released

Source: http://www.moxingfans.com/m/view.php?aid=7201&pageno=1

spacer.png

6062ed28959af.jpg 6130346231209.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, LUCIANO007 said:

HobbyBoss + American Subject = Not a recipe for success 🤣🤣🤣

HobbyBoss 1/48th F/A-18C Hornet kit was up until the release from the Kinetic one considered as a good kit, definitely cheaper and far easier to assemble than the classic Hawegawa model. Don't underestimate the HobbyBoss designers. Wait and see.

V.P.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Homebee said:

HobbyBoss 1/48th F/A-18C Hornet kit was up until the release from the Kinetic one considered as a good kit, definitely cheaper and far easier to assemble than the classic Hawegawa model. Don't underestimate the HobbyBoss designers. Wait and see.

V.P.

In most cases they are almost there but not entirely there!

I mean, with their internal market that will buy anyway, you don't call them really motivated, I reckon...

And most of the times expensive. This Ka-27 I will never have 😞

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet & EA-18G Growler by HobbyBoss - release F/A-18E in March 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet & EA-18G Growler by HobbyBoss - F/A-18E release March 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet & EA-18G Growler by HobbyBoss - F/A-18E released
On 1/30/2021 at 3:08 AM, Homebee said:

Release expected late March 2021 in China - ref. 85812 - Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet

Source: http://www.hobbyboss.com/index.php?g=home&m=article&a=show&id=177&l=en

Hobby-Boss-85812-1-48-Scale-F-A-18-E-Sup

6014c35d47db6.jpg

10767532b.jpg

V.P.

I have a bad feeling they messed up the 

position of the canopy. That little bump at the end, doesn't seem to be there.

I guess it won't be noticeable if you have the canopy open. Just remember, one shape affects another.  Sorry to be the 1st Debbie downer. I am sure the panel lines will be very fine, and the fit will be wonderful. 520 pieces, well,  I'm sure half of that is weapons. If the canopy is the worst thing about this kit, I think I can live with it. 

Edited by B.sin

15 hours ago, B.sin said:

Good box art! Have you seen the plastic?

Hello there B.sin...sorry no...i live and work in Corfu-Greece so i am only responsible for the box art!! Thanks for the comment!!!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks OK so far. I see the refuelling pod is included , I'm not sure why the triple/multiple ejection racks are on the sprue unless the idea is to use the sprue in other kits.  You can only do a Super Hornet with the "bard stack" vents unless there's going to be another release with a different fuselage top.  

Edited by Stephen
  • Like 1

Looks very interesting and I look forward to seeing some hi-res images so I can get my beady eye's down into the detail. Meh! points so far - Ejection seat, though I would wait on seeing it up close and wouldn't die in a ditch since the use of AM would fix this. Yey! points so far - ordinance, engines, wing fold options, radar and avionics, inclusion of new ECS pipes. Can't comment on shape to the degree that other's might be interested in but it looks Superbug shape enough to me. Now I just need detail detail detail... to help me decide whether to buy.

• Like 3

I like the additions, AESA Radar, F414 engines, IFF pizza box separate from the nose...

The fuselage breakdown seems weird, in particular the stabs region.

Refuel pod isn't one of the good and most modern versions, but it's cool to got it.

Edited by plasticguy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stephen, perhaps you can give us your assessment of the kit when it arrives? Thank you!   BTW, who has it in  stock?

Edited by B.sin