Mirage F.1CE Ejército del Aire. Special hobby 1/72.

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:
On 16/12/2019 at 14:02, antonio argudo said:

I was given a F1 maintenance  manual by someone who worked at the airbase, the second photo was taken in the late 80s at  Ala 14 air base installations, hope it helps 

cheers

I'm very interested in how you will taclke the Mk6 seat. I need one for my SMB2 'Sa'ar' ;). Did I miss your solution somewhere? ;)

Martin

You ask Antonio or you ask me?

If it is me I do not plan to make a model of that plane you mention.

Regards.

3 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

You, Andres. You are building the Mirage F.1? I see it requires a Mk6 seat. Where are you getting that from?

I have not said that. I think it was Apex who said that the Spanish F.1 used the MK 6. And Antonio Argudo provided a photograph of an MK 6 indicating that it was taken at the end of the 80s at the Albacete Air Base.

What I said is that the differences between an Mk 4 and an MK 6, according to the website of the manufacturer Martin Baker itself was only with respect to the ejection system in which one was by explosive charge and the other by rocket. So, starting from what the manufacturer says, I take it for granted that the external appearance of an MK 4 and an Mk 6 is the same.

I hope I have clarified the question.

Andrés S.

Edited by Andrés S.

Thanks Andres. My question was much simpler but I appreciate your comprehensive response. I am not so pEdantic to demand a Mk6 if it is essentially a Mk4 ;). I have a few mk4s and do I am kitted out :)

Martin

12 hours ago, Andrés S. said:

49328806717_a1fecb0a8b_c.jpg

Beautiful painting and weathering on the drop tank Andrés, really realistic.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Wez said:

Beautiful painting and weathering on the drop tank Andrés, really realistic.

Thanks Wez, I'm glad you like it.

I have finished the deposit by applying black oil mixed with brown to highlight the details, as well as on the tank support.

The decals offered by Special Hobby for the deposit are not completely correct, but I have done what I could and even cut one of them. I have also had to build the four black ones with the blank border, which designate the support places, from leftover pieces of black on white decal and then placed in place.
Some details I have painted brass.
The final varnish has been with satin Vallejo.

Regards.

49335989263_84abc8274d_o.jpg

49335989428_f2cbd849d6_o.jpg

49336676092_73f2596498_o.jpg

49335989288_4952c950ba_o.jpg

49335989203_a2e4e9c288_o.jpg

• Like 5

I continue with the Barax pod.

The piece itself is quite well reproduced but you have to change at least one thing, although I have changed two in addition to making some screws as it comes as the rest.

I have changed the inferior fins for fine plasticard, but it is not essential for size. I have done it for fineness nothing more.

What is essential to change is the subalar support. It brings two subalar supports: the one that holds the Barax pod and the subalar support itself. Well, the latter is the one to replace.

The instructions say absolutely nothing that this has to be changed for a Spanish airplane model, although the kit includes a very correct resin part.

49357487861_0f5d928512_o.jpg

So using a mini-saw I have cut where it belongs and I have placed the resin piece in its place.

37092809593_f7665d1c65_o.jpg

Painted with metallized Alcald and sealed with its ALC-600 varnish.

49356997573_82c230d353_o.jpg

Regards.

Andrés S.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 24/01/2022 at 20:25, Hook said:

Impressive.

Any progress on this..? 

Cheers,

Andre

Hi.

Not for now. I'm on other models. But it is not impossible that soon i can return to it. Sometimes I am somewhat inconstant with a model.

Thank you for your kind comment.

Andrés S.

• Like 1