Sd.Kfz. 251/8 Krankenpanzerwagen

Morning all. Decided for now this is as far as I go with this one until the I get round to the red cross front banner and rear flag....(one day :rolleyes:). From the outset, it was an experimental scratch build with mud.....an effect really not something I'd done in the past....so wanted to give it a go.

Anyway, here it is. Hope you like. And please no problem if you want point anything out, I did do it as practice piece for future builds....so open to any critique.

Cheers all

pbGI1lR.jpg

BHk0nv6.jpg

o6PUds3.jpg

tpyow3S.jpg

bDzWH9u.jpg

UVDnHuU.jpgo43uQ09.jpg

Edited by Redcoat2966
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 1

• Redcoat2966 changed the title to Sd.Kfz. 251/8 Krankenpanzerwagen
3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Wow that looks amazing, glad they at least kept the contents of the first aid box clean !

cheers Pat

Thanks Jockney.....and yes, though it would make sense to have those above all clean..:yes:

Edited by Redcoat2966
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Lovely job Simon. Great detail inside and out.

John.

Thanks John, appreciate that.......:yes:

18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Fantastic build Redcoat, something you don't see everyday the weathering is spot on.

Cheers Ozzy.....I know not to all tastes, but I like to create as much realism as I can. It was a good learning subject to do....

17 hours ago, scottie3158 said:

That's a cracking result.

Thanks Scottie......:yes:

17 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Lovely mucky build.

Are the drums on the side for medicinal Schnapps?

Pete

Hi Pete, and yes....a cold muddy day on those "good" Russian roads.......:D.....I bet they wished they had schnapps in them. It's for clean water. I imagine for washing equipment etc, and the wounded, etc.

• Like 2

Hi Steve,

That's turned out to be a lovely ambulance. I think the scratch interior is absolutely perfect, beautifully done, and the whole build is top notch.

I too like people to criticise my work where they feel I could have done better, or give some advice,  so I tend to do that with others, assuming they appreciate the 'honesty' as well. Not all do! So, I've had a good old ponder over your ambulance. TBH I'm having to be VERY picky and say that perhaps your mud placement is a tiny bit unnatural. Not impossible, but it does make me wonder how the engine cover got so muddy whilst the rear and sides of the vehicle didn't. I do like the heavily caked gunk under the front wheel arch and chassis, it looks very realistic, but I think the mud is a bit too heavy up top. If it had been maybe half as much, whilst leaving the sides as they are, I think the 'balance' would have been right. As it is I'd have expected the rear, and the tops of the mudflaps/side-skirts to have been much muddier.

And finally, the helmet hanging on the side... i don't know if it's hanging by a chin-strap, but I always like to see a chin-strap.

But as I said. I am being very picky.  It's still a little masterpiece!

Rearguards

Badder

• Thanks 1

Hi Simon, Dont want to repeat myself from the wip suffice to say, great work, turned out really well. 

Think the interior came out brilliantly particular like the medical cases.

Goes to show, there's lots of life in these Tamiya golden oldies yet!

Cheers

Darryl 

• Thanks 1