Yak-1 to 11 STGB - and 12 to go!

Basilisk

Does any company make a 1/32 kit of the Yak 1? I've looked to no avail. I have a figure of Lydia Litvyak that I'd like to place beside her airplane.

Maybe I could convert a Special Hobby Yak 3? 😬 

17 hours ago, Ted said:

Does any company make a 1/32 kit of the Yak 1? I've looked to no avail. I have a figure of Lydia Litvyak that I'd like to place beside her airplane.

Maybe I could convert a Special Hobby Yak 3? 😬 

Alley Cat makes a Yak 1B in 1/32 which is an enhanced version of the Montex kit which is no longer available.

It is a resin kit and therefore a bit pricey.

Cheers, Peter

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good to see more interest in what was one of the most successful WWII fighter design.

On 5/28/2020 at 8:09 AM, Jeff G said:

Count me in! 1/48 Yak-1 by Accurate Miniatures, the Lilya Litvyak special edition. 

Done and nice choice.

On 6/2/2020 at 3:51 AM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Peter

Please count me in I have the Hasegawa Yak 3 in my stash that I will build in the Normandie Niemen markings ..

Best Regards

Patrice

Welcome aboard. There are some nice marking schemes on the Normandie Niemen Yaks.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

I am currently building the 1/72 scale Arma Yak-1 kit in the "Journey's End GB" as I couldn't wait until this STGB is happening. And what a smashing little kit it is - up there with Tamiya in terms of tooling finesse and fit.

spacer.png

So do yourself a favour and purchase the Arma Yak-1 kit and don't forget to sign up for this GB ;)

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I keep finding myself drawn to this era of Russian planes. I recently bought an IL-2 and LA-5 for the stash, so some sort of Yak interests me. I'm also curious to try one of the Arma kits that are getting good reviews. Time to add one to various wishlists and put my name forward here.

On 12/15/2019 at 1:01 PM, Basilisk said:

To me most STGB are covering the same types over and over, so how about a Yak-1 to 11 STGB covering Yak1, Yak-3, Yak-7, Yak-9 and Yak-11 as they are all based on the same airframe design utilizing different engines and manufacturing techniques.

Why not before the Yak-21, because what you wrote refers also to the Yak-15 , Yak-17 and Yak-21? 😉

B.R.

Serge