Yak-1 to 11 STGB - and 12 to go!

Basilisk

To me most STGB are covering the same types over and over, so how about a Yak-1 to 11 STGB covering Yak1, Yak-3, Yak-7, Yak-9 and Yak-11 as they are all based on the same airframe design utilizing different engines and manufacturing techniques.

No shortage on kits and the type saw extensive service with many Air Forces.

Any takers?

Cheers, Peter

01. Basilisk

02. vppelt68

03. John Thompson

04. CliffB

05. Valkyrie

06. Corsairfoxfouruncle

07. Wez

08. modelling minion

09. Robert Stuart

10. Learstang

11. Kushan_Farsight

12. German Armour

13. JosephLalor

14. Jeff G

15. TEMPESTMK5

Edited by Basilisk
  • Like 2

Okay, I'm in - thank you for thinking of me! I'm guessing that if this goes ahead (how could it not?!) it won't happen until at least 2021 or 2022, which might give me time to get my camera repaired!

(Actually I did do a group build once before. The theme was "The Great Patriotic War", back in 2015/2016. I built the old ZTS Mikro72 Yak-1B for it - what a surprise, eh? Today we have nice modern Yak-1/-1B kits from Brengun and Arma Hobby! Decent Yak-9 kits are still a bit thin on the ground, though...)

Cheerio;

John

Edited by John Thompson
  • Like 1

Yes please Peter :thumbsup2:

3 hours ago, John Thompson said:

Decent Yak-9 kits are still a bit thin on the ground, though...)

I don't know what you mean John?  Here's my quality offering  ;)!

P1110081.jpg

Cheers

• Like 1

I expected that this STGB will be more popular than the suggested M.S. 406 STGB, but unfortunately it doesn't look that way :(

On 12/15/2019 at 9:23 PM, vppelt68 said:

Me, and let's ask @John Thompson to join us too. I don't know if he's done Group Builds before, but Shirley you can't resist this one, John? V-P

Thanks for joining.

On 12/16/2019 at 12:53 AM, John Thompson said:

Okay, I'm in - thank you for thinking of me! I'm guessing that if this goes ahead (how could it not?!) it won't happen until at least 2021 or 2022, which might give me time to get my camera repaired!

John

Great. At the rate this is going, it may never happen...

On 12/16/2019 at 4:44 AM, CliffB said:

Yes please Peter :thumbsup2:

I don't know what you mean John?  Here's my quality offering  ;)!

P1110081.jpg

Cheers

I am always amazed about the "odities" you find! Will be interesting to see how it looks built.

On 12/21/2019 at 6:16 AM, Valkyrie said:

Yes please! Yak 1b or a 3

You know how it goes - build them both!

Apparently the Yak-1B (not sure if it was the Brengun or Arma Hobby kit) was close to the top of the most popular kits on the Hannants site. So there are surely more who have a Yak in the stash.

Maybe not many mainstream kits of the Yaks, but plenty to choose from nonetheless.

These are some of the one in my stash:

spacer.png

And the Arma Hobby kit is as nice as a Tamiya kit!

Surely there are more Britmodellers with Yaks in the stash!!!

Cheers, Peter

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Peter add me to the list with a Yak-1 from Arma. I think i can get one by the time this would start. 

More likely will be sold out by the time we have 25 interested Britmodellers signing up :whistle:

Cheers, Peter

• Sad 1

Oh, what the Heck! Sign me up for a Dakoplast Yak-9T. I've cut all the main parts off the sprues, but I don't think I've glued anything together yet, so I suppose it would qualify. At any rate, I haven't signed up for a Group Build (which I never complete) for a long time.

Best Regards,

Jason A/K/A Learstang

Edited by Learstang
Slight change. Really just a trifle. Hardly worth mentioning.
  • Like 2

Wow, a real burst of interest in this GB :thumbsup: - And we reached double digits in the list!

On 12/22/2019 at 7:43 PM, Wez said:

I might have something in the stash...   ...I think I have an RS Yak-11 lurking in the stash.

Count me in.

The RS Yak-11 fits the bill nicely.

On 12/23/2019 at 1:59 AM, modelling minion said:

You can add me to the list Peter, I have some decals for a Yugoslav Yak-3 that I need to use, and that I need to get a kit for.

That is a start and you are on the list.

On 12/23/2019 at 9:22 PM, Robert Stuart said:

I have a couple of Yak 1's (think they're 1's) in the stash.  IIRC one South Front, the other UM - but maybe the same kit, different boxing?

Ok, I'm in - a chance to give these a go ...

I don't know these kits but I am sure they will be fine.

On 12/23/2019 at 9:25 PM, Robert Stuart said:

Can we tempt @Learstang in?

We could!

19 hours ago, Learstang said:

Oh, what the Heck! Sign me up for a Dakoplast Yak-9T. I've cut all the main parts off the sprues, but I don't think I've glued anything together yet, so I suppose it would qualify. At any rate, I haven't signed up for a Group Build (which I never complete) for a long time.

Best Regards,

Jason A/K/A Learstang

That is the spirit! You are in good company as I haven't finished anything for the last four years.

There are surely another 15 Britmodellers who have Yaks infestation in there stash and like to get writ of it - so here is your oportunity!

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kushan_Farsight said:

177175-11475-pristine.jpg

Roughly when would this STGB run? or is it anyones guess until the numbers are reached?

I believe the next opening for STGB’s is in 2021. BTW it does look like a good kit. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kushan_Farsight said:

oooh...... i might be tempted to be fair @Valkyrie!

Having a look at the stash i do have one of these - 

177175-11475-pristine.jpg

Roughly when would this STGB run? or is it anyones guess until the numbers are reached?

Looks a nice kit too

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

@Kushan_Farsight might be interested in joining in this one? 

Thanks for promoting this GB!

13 hours ago, Kushan_Farsight said:

oooh...... i might be tempted to be fair @Valkyrie!

Having a look at the stash i do have one of these -

Great and thanks for joining. Interesting kit and well suited for this GB!

14 hours ago, Kushan_Farsight said:

As Corsairfoxfouruncle said, the soonest would be 2021, but depending how long it will take for 25 members to sign up it could well be 2022 or never at all :(

There surely have to be another 14 members with Yaks (the flying variety) in the stash.

Cheer Peter

• Like 1

Well count me in! Im sure i can work through my backlog of other kits until this STGB comes around! I picked this kit up a couple of years ago as a klt in bag sans box (but including the cover cut out) and was attracted by the fact you could show the exposed engine cowlings. Now seeing the mastery of fine detail on BM..... i might have to do a fair bit of scratch building to make that area acceptable!  

Can someone give me a gentle reminder in a year when this comes to fruition? 

• Like 1